Body Shop White Musk for Men EDT

Wednesday

White proraso pre/post
NF 2201
MWF
Laurel OC razor + GST (1)
Thayers with lemon
Proraso ASB

3 passes and some touch ups. Result: very smooth no irritation. I am amazed how mild this OC razor is ( too mild if that is possible), as I thought ( wrongly) that OCs were more aggressive.

Wednesday Night:

Tonight's entertainment has been "Around the World in One Shave" featuring an all-star cast of few!

• - Lord Super-Stainless .......................................................................... the Egyptian Dashing Blade
        - Zweiundvierzig Merkur ....................................................................... the German: Razor Wit
        - Resyke Le Tuft ................................................................................... a Welsh Boar
        - Mon Savon au Lait ( Olè!) ................................................................. First French Matador
        - Lavender Thayers' .............................................................................. the American Witch, Hazel
        - with a special cameo appearance by New Dawn as Russian Lavender, the exotic dancer[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
        • ... remember to tune back into TSR-TV tomorrow night, when our feature film will be: "A Straight Bar Named Desire", starring classic acting gem, Mike R. O'matic.[/list:u]

Nearing the end of the third pass, I think I finally might have placed the smell of the Mon Savon au Lait ( Olè!). It seems to me, quite like Noxema cream mixed with Ivory soap. Even though it seemed very lush and thick, it dried out very quickly on the first pass. After the rinse between first an second passes, I was able to up the water level in the Mon Savon au Lait ( Olè!), enough to keep the lather moist and fluffy throughout the subsequent passes.

Olè!
            • ... with milk?!?!?!?[/list:u][/list:u]

Nice and simple today

Hot shower and hot towel
Sensor 3
Semogue 830
Monsavin Bol a raser
TOBS Eton college AS

2 passes taking it easy on the neck.

The monsavon is excellent, easy to lather with a nice aniseed scent, I can see me hassling anyone going to France!

Thursday
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE87
Blade: Feather
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2 (two-band) Super
Soap: D R Harris Almond
A/S: Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum
EDT: ---------------

Thursday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Wardrobe & Pearce in buffallo horn scales (slightly milky, very nice indeed :D. Thanks Neil!)
Brush: Bushmar
Soap: Fitjar Calmomilla and Palmolive stick
AS: Island bay rum
Strop: Neil Miller linen/buffallo 30/50
Result: Mr Clean :D

Today was a very nice shave, even though I messed up w the soap. I loaded to little of the Fitjar (had heard you only need a very small amount and I ended up to be too cheap) and had to use a Palmolive stick for the second pass. But boy, what a sweet shave and razor! Thanks to Tony/antdad I now smell like I´ve been to a rum party :lol:
48924d1284626703-sotd-sun-september-12th-sat-september-18th-snb13461.jpg

An experiment today. Having become used to top quality shaving using the likes of T&H's Ultimate Comfort range and the delicious Acca Kappa, I decided to release my inner Pikey and use the cheapest items in my (albeit limited) stash, to see what the result felt like.

So:

Hot towel (as usual)
Palmolive soap stick (50p from Morrisons)
Men-U synthetic brush
Edwin Jagger DE87 (the cheaper of my two razors)
Zorrik blade (PIF from Matt)
Pecksniffs Citrus ASB (from the house of TK Maxx)

Result: The first time I've used the Palmolive stick, and it produced a very good lather. I shaved a few slivers into a bowl and kept adding a few drops of water at a time, and the result was very pleasing. Three passes resulted in a very comfortable and close shave. A worthwhile experiment, and proof that I'm not such a shave snob as I thought. I'll use the same tomorrow.

Regards

Ian

Thursday

Gillette slim adjustable
Gillette super thins (1)
Tabac soap & Simpson Beaufort B1
Mennen After shave cream
Aqua Vella AS

A good solid perfect shave, no nicks, so no alum. Feels wonderful :D
I'm getting honed in to these Super Thins, I haven't tried everything I have, but I'm tempted to buy a few of these on the bay...

FB.

Wednesday Evening

Futur + Gillette Bleue Extra (2)
Newfy 2201
Musgo cream
D R Harris AS

Missed Tuesday night's shave, which made last night's shave all the more gratifying. The Gillette Bleue Extra is one of the better blades in my stash. Very smooth ... in the Futur, at least.

(Tonight I must try one of the soaps Fozz PIFd)

Thursday 16th September

Semogue 830
Monsavon Bol a Raser
Gillette HD500 Rocket
Astra Superior Platinum (3)
Aqua Velva AS

Two pass shave. Didn't load the brush up enough with the soap to start with, so had to relather after the first pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom