Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday

Merkur 15c OC
Blue Bird (2)
Grosvenor 404 Bodger
Godrej (Rich Foam) Cream

Old Spice (USA) AS

Had a return to the Merkur fold today; dropped my old Gillette OC last night and the handle has come apart. Fortunately the head is still perfect.

The shave? Great, the Merkur 15c is an underrated razor which rarely features anywhere and the Godrej cream is better than fabulous, highly recommended! (Note to self: get Godrej soap round asafp).

I used the Old Spice AS as a one-man protest against that article in the DT yesterday and I feel better for having done so. So there [stamps foot]!

:D

Friday

Gillette Slim (H3)
Gillette Nacet Platinum (3)
Omega #49 Pro
Tabac Soap
Thayers (with added menthol)
Boots Essential ASB
Lacura Calm AS

Decided to give the Slim a whirl today, can't remember the last time I used it?, a flawless shave, even when cranking it up to 9 on the ATG pass, nearly a BBS but not quite, which I think is down to the blade on its 3 shave and me having very coarse grey stubble.

TTFN

Tony

4799086608_9bfd8d4156_m.jpg

After a week using soaps I have reached the conclusion that I am a cream man! I found the soaps too drying, mainly palmolive and tabac grated sticks.

Pre - Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
Razor - DE89
Blade - Gillette Super Thin (2)
Brush - Finest Silvertip
Cream - TOBS Almond
AS - Pinaud Bay Rum

AH no more dryness. DFS achieved with smooth and comfortable cream. I missed out the Thayers after my shave as I wanted to try the Pinaud Bay Rum on its own to see how badly it stung after reading a thread here. I would have to say that I didn't find it too bad. I found OS worse! But maybe I'm more used to the sting now after years of not using AS.
I did find my lips went numb though which has never hapened outside a dentists chair before. Was most weird......

Friday, 07-16-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Best Badger Brush - Gillette Rocket HD 500 - Iridium Super #2 - Pre Proraso - Cella sapone da barba :hungrig - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASB Sul Filo del Rasoio.

Afeitado16-07-10006.jpg

Friday morning (late posting though)
Pre: Cold shower
Razor: Heljestrand 9 1/2
Brush: Chris 22 mm two banded finest
Soap: Nannys Citrus Zinger
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Result: Ok

I love this razor, lovely new made purpleheart wood scales by Neil and one heavy piece of Swedish steel. I love the simple and tasteful design of both blade and scales!Unfortunatly I was a bit stressed out this morning and didn´t get the best out of this shave, ok and clean enough but nothing extra. Love the OS fresh lime, skin suckes it right in and you can really feel how good it is :shave
45823d1279300181-sotd-sun-july-11th-sat-july-17th-snb12804.jpg

Friday

5/8 (I think!) Texsol No.5
Palmolive soap (milled into a bowl)
Vulfix No.5 Pure Bristle
Alum Block
L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic post-shave balm
Pinaud Clubman AS Lotion

Received my new straight from over5feet today (thanks!) and it proved to be a damn fine razor. Gave it a quick clean and a shine-up with MAAS, stropped it up and it was good to go. 100% nick-free too.

Friday Evening

L'Oreal face wash in the shower
Hot flannel
New Forest Superior 2201
Godrej Lime
Merkur 39C
Gillette Platinium (1)
Nivea ASB on face, Sensitive on neck.

Tonights decision was to try the 39C, or the Wool Fat :ugeek:

In for a penny, in for a pound, but mindful of it's aggressive reputation I went for the 39C figuring I've all weekend for my face to heal! Lots of preshave hot water and a luxurious soap help soften the beard, and I went for a new Gillette Platinium blade. I was very cautious and took my time, especially on my already sensitive neck, but went for a full three passes on my face, the result being a very close and satisfying shave with very minimal neck irritation. I'm going to look forward to further use of this razor :shave

Friday Night:

• - Cleansed with Thayers' Lavender witch hazel
    - ToOBS Lavender cream with my beejay's custom Cobalt Blue SuperBadger
    - Edwin Jagger DE89L with a Lord Super Chrome
    - My Mighty Menthol Rose AlumWater spritz & a styptic match
    - Nivea for Men Sensitive ASB
    - Old Spice Whitewater AS[/list:u]

Due to receiving some blades and styptic matches from trainman, I must have felt that they would work well, or I wouldn't have pinked myself for no good reasons.

¬.¬
      • ...yeah, that must be it.[/list:u][/list:u]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom