Shave of the day W/C Sat 18 Jun 11

Hot towel prep
Muhle R41/Feather (3)
Nannys Lavender soap
NF Tubby 1
Alum
Thayers Original Witch Hazel
Professor Blighty's AS Balm

WTG and XTG, I always enjoy using Nannys Lavender.

Shower
EJ 89
Shark SS (2)
TOBS Lime
Water to finish off...

Also got a Gillette Bleue in a Gillette Super Speed to try on one of the passes.

Was about 5 passes this morning rather than the normal 3-4 and probably best shave i've had for ages.

Saturday

3/8 'Wepag AG' Puma
Tabac soap
Kent BK4
Simple for Men AS Balm
Tabac AS

Didn't shave yesterday, so slicing through denser-than-normal growth was a good test of my honing abilities on this newly-restored little razor. Sharp as you-know-what, and a lovely little shaver. It's my first full restoration - I've got three other blades ready to re-pin back into the original or new scales, but the Puma got there first. Quite chuffed with myself

Hot shower
TOBS lemon and lime cream, face lathered
New Forest T2
Gillette Slimtwist
Boots blade (5)
KoS balm

I think I might be a face lathering convert. Very nice indeed, and plenty in the brush for four+ passes. Used the KoS balm tonight for that lovely refrigerant effect. Passes down, up, and then left on the face, left-down then left-up on the neck.

No dragging or catching from the blade but probably not quite as readily clean as before, so may be time to replace. I may christen the Merkur tomorrow.

Face scrub - Superdrug
Cream - Ingrams
Razor - Chatsworth Barley
Blade - Derby
Bowl - ASDA black ramekin pot inside a Robert Dyas ramekin filled with hot water to keep the smaller pot warm
Brush - Men U boar
Post shave - One Planet balm.

WTG and XTG. I have a styled beard so I shave WTG from the side burn down to the hair line, then XTG from the moustache back to the side burns. Then in reverse order - WTG from moustache, XTG along the hair line back to the side burns. XTG either side of a tuft below my lower lip. WTG below the chin, with some XTG if needed.

Tepid water rinse twice.

Yes, it´s a Klas Törnblom (was a NOS blank/blade when I found it in Eskilstuna ). Funny thing: I was going to complement you for your scales on that lovely vintage Thiers? Not original I think, very nice pair!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Polo 8
Razor: Dorko
Cream: Fitjar Neroli
AS: Prada
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: result, uberclean
Wow, another great shave, I´m on a roll this weekend

PS
Moody´s a herritic and I think we should dress him in tar and feathers, and then he can try and shave that off with an electric :lol: