[Speick after shave]

SOTD_07Oct.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Feather
Martin de Candre SS
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Creed 'Original Cologne'

Last couple days I've used the same razor/blade and soap. The MdC is a nice product and I can see the attraction to this stuff. I can't say it's the very best soap I've ever used, but it's right up there with my other top performers. Heh, is it worth the cash for shipping? Well, not to me, but I'm probably in the minority here. Still, it's nice having this in the arsenal and i don't regret the purchase.

BBS results,

Martin

Mikael said:
Wow, what a nice comboloi, Konstantinos! :D

When I bought it last month (along with yours) I was told it comes from the Middle East and is made of bone with hand made painting/decorations all over. It retailed for Eur 270.

Later on someone told me this silver cross is the masonic cross, but I have not been able to confirm that as yet.

Friday

Muhle R106
Vikings Sword (4)
Penworks Finest
MEM Olive
Sea of Spa

The shave went better than expected. It remained smooth to the end! I am very happy with this brand of blade that my wife bought me!

Friday 10-07-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Semogue 1305 - Gillette Rocket HD500 - Gillette Super Thin #2 - Pre Proraso - Palmolive shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL TOBS Nº74.

Afeitado07-10-11.jpg

Yesterday Evening
Gillette New 77 : Cella: 1305 : Oligaga L&P​

6214933948_14c81dd67a.jpg

Isn't it funny, I have wanted a 'new' for some time, maybe it is because this is the long comb version, maybe that I need to get to grips with it, (bad workman blaming his tools!) but I feel like I'm starting at square one. With other razors I can put in a familiar blade and get a fairly pain free clear face on the first use, but this is taking a little getting used to.

Fitz Linson said:
...but I feel like I'm starting at square one. With other razors I can put in a familiar blade and get a fairly pain free clear face on the first use, but this is taking a little getting used to.

Just get the angle right Andy and you're set to go. All it takes is 5 seconds of your time, just like this guy does it here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/afeitadoclasico#p/u/14/7siTq3jOzn8

All you need to practically focus more on is from about 03:27 - 03:57 of this video.

Simpson Colonel LE
Tabac soap
#21 Aristocrat
Astra SP

I can usually get four shaves out of an Astra, but this one was on its last legs. Still a smooth shave though, no weepers or irritation.

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Taylor's Lemon and Lime cream, face lathered with
New Forest High Mountain Badger.
Merkur HD, with
Astra SP (5)
Trumper's Limes skin food and GFT cologne

A very good shave but not as spectacular as yesterday's. Still top drawer.

Cheers Konstantinos, I think it has shown me the need to set up some formula for methodically working through the stuff I own making notes somewhere of what works and what doesn't.

N_Architect said:
Fitz Linson said:
...but I feel like I'm starting at square one. With other razors I can put in a familiar blade and get a fairly pain free clear face on the first use, but this is taking a little getting used to.

Just get the angle right Andy and you're set to go. All it takes is 5 seconds of your time, just like this guy does it here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/afeitadoclasico#p/u/14/7siTq3jOzn8

All you need to practically focus more on is from about 03:27 - 03:57 of this video.

Back
Top Bottom