Shave of the day W/C 4/06/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, 06-10-11. MUSIC: Prince_LP_Purple Rain (1984).

images

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette Aristocrat Junior - Super-Max Super Platinum #1 - Pre Edwin Jagger - Martin de Candre shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Floïd - ASL Grey Flannel.

Afeitado10-06-11-1.jpg

Tall_Paul said:
Unsurprisingly
two completed weeks of DE shaving and I'm starting to do one WTG and one ATG pass. Something I was never able to do before.

Plus I actually enjoy shaving now (as bizarre as it sounds).

Try to avoid ATG for the moment, maybe try across the grain (XTG) as tempting as it is to go for the BBS shave. Your technique will get better. Or do a XTG before you ATG.
I think many member on here enjoy shaving. Yes, people think it is bizzarre when you tell them that

Hot shower
Proraso white soap, bowl lathered with NF Tubby 2
EJ DE89
Boots blade (2)
KoS balm

Didn't load enough soap first time, a reload and absolutely superb lather was the result. Realised that on my last, sideways (ATG) pass my blade angle was (and probably consistently has been) too steep. Fixed. BBS in three passes with almost zero touch-up (personal best!), quick and clean and smooth and satisfying. For the second day in a row, the best shave I've had. Loving it.

Friday Night:

• - Gillette (Canada) Ball-end Old style, open-comb razor
    - Big Ben Super stainless blade
    - J M Fraser's Original shave cream
    - Fuller Brush (Canada) shave brush
    • * with 19ml Heaven Horse horsehair knot, 'refurb'ed by Le Tuft (thanks beejay!!)[/list:u]
      - MICAlum stick
      - Thayers' Lemon witch hazel
      - Canadian Booster Co., Iced Lime ASL[/list:u]

SotD10-06-2011001.png

... and now a greater area showing my photo area as it is...

PhotoWorkspace001.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom