Shave of the day w/c 19/11/2011

Friday:

Hot shower with T+H 1805 bath soap
T+H 1805 cream
Edwin Jagger black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (1)
T+H 1805 cologne

3 passes, WTG, XTG and including a spanky reverse cross thing. Smooth! Zing!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson, Cubby 3
Razor: Max Sprecher
Soap: Al's
AS: Ogallala, Limes and Peppercorns
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Mr Uberclean :D

What a nice shave and it's extra nice when you haven't shaved for two days! :D
021800x636.jpg

Friday. Usual hot shower prep.

EJde89 Barley
Polsilver (4?)
Nanny's Lime Soft Soap
Vulfix bodger

Plentiful, rich lather. Three slow passes. Soundtrack by Queen - Sheer Heart Attack.

Finished off with some lovely Bay Rum, Bulldog Sensitive ASB.

I find the polsilver blade working far better (for me) in the EJ than in my Gillette Slim Adjustable, so I will reserve it for that razor for the time being, as I have other blades I like better in the Slim.

Happy Face:icon_razz:

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1946-47 Aristocrat/Wilkinson Stainless Steel (NOS)
Rivivage SS
Caron' Yatagan' AS (1970s original version)

Tried this blade in the Aristo and it worked well. Not quite as smooth as with the Executive, but just about. It may be the blade's getting a little dull after three shaves, or it may be the razor itself. Heh, I'll skip that rabbit hole for now.

BBS results,

Martin

GDCarrington said:
Happy Thanksgiving from Texas.

[img

Whoosh doggies (said in my best Jed Clampett voice),

Thet thar injector razor/blade combo is a great set up. Them blades is purty dang sharp and that set up should be very fun to use.

Festus

Friday

Gillette NEW
Wilkinson Sword
Vulfix Pure Badger
Tabac Stick
E45
Speick

Blade showing definite signs of wear after maybe 10 shaves. Tabac lather preparation not great today so inferior shave to the TOBS Mr Taylor which has dominated for the last fortnight. Thinking of switching to the Old Type tomorrow..and maybe a Swede.

This morning:

Nivea face wash
Feather Artist Club RG (wood), ProGuard blade (5)
Trumper's Lime soap
New Forest Tubby 2
Trumper's Limes skin food and GFT cologne

The unplanned hard soap week continues at Casa Rick. Slightly running down the handle of the brush, but a clean comfortable and very close shave again :).

Soap scents are very subtle compared to creams, and loading takes longer, and cleaning up the bowl afterwards is needed. So all in all I think creams are my preference in general at the moment. Variety is good, of course.

Friday:

Schick Injector 'Golden 500'
Schick Platinum blade (NOS)
'Keith' 2 band badger
Nanny's French Lavender

Inspired by Dipesh's recent post about Injectors, I dug mine out today. Effortless and efficient as always. Splendid.

img4322k.jpg

I too just shaved with an injector - the Schick injector Dodgy lent me. Only my second shave with one of these and I got a very easy and close shave. Not the closest but better than some DE blades and razors I have used and still do as part of my rotation. I used whatever blades it came with. I have some Gillette ones to try later.
I've noticed that I need to keep the blade totally flat on my face to cut properly and regardless of speed and even a little pressure I don't get any nicks, so there's definitely an appeal there. Of course I mustn't get cocky...

Soon I'll try my own PAL injector again with the blades I bought for it from connaught and maybe even those which came with it (presumed original). Then mix them up with the Schick injector... then swap everything round and so on. I can see another addiction coming on!

Back
Top Bottom