Shave of the Day 27th November - 3rd December 2021

Sun 28 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Executive Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor Thiers Le Grelot 6/8
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + HA + Stirling Executive Man Splash
Love the very nice scent from this soap-classy! The lather is super creamy and nicely slick today!
Last shave outing with this razor prior to sending it back. Put it thru another pasted balsa progression. Really keen but smooth and comfortable. 3.5passes for a dfs/ccs/sas result without any issues. Matching aftershave was just great!
20211128_113042.jpg

SOTD : 28th November 2021.

10.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Pomegranate & Apple Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: APShave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Blue Shaving Cream.
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond Titanium. (D2)
Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Brut Sport Style ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Proraso Blue cream created an excellent lather in a short space of time for my shave this morning.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sunday 28th November
Yaqi Moka Express - Wickham 1912 Cashmere - Pal Injectomatic - Personna Coated #3 - Old Spice AS - Aloe Vera Gel
0egzB7H.jpg

SOTD 28-Nov
20211127_154216.jpg
Brush: PAA Switchback 400 Oumo Silk HMW
Soap: PAA Space Nog
Razor: ATT G1
Blade: GEM PTFE (2)

Had a bit of irritation on the neck after the Ambassador the other day which wasn't helped by a fresh GEM yesterday, so took to the uber mild ATT, all good this morning though.

Back to the PAA Switchback and oumo silk, very soft knot but does whip up a decent lather, I suspect it might struggle on some of the triple milled but I might be pleasantly surprised.

All in all a good Sunday shave, hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

503A92B5-AEA1-4091-8D86-496BCF0F8982.jpeg

SOTD: 28/11/2021

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Menthol Soap
Soap: Yaqi/Master Soap Creations Lemon, Lime And Cedarwood
Aftershave: Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey EDT
Balm: Stirling Orange Chill Lotion
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

My concerns about the menthol levels were unfounded and the Yaqi/Master Soap Creations Lemon, Lime And Cedarwood was a delight, ‘just’ on the right side of menthol cooling for me. It has a strong almost dark, raw zesty smell and as with all these soaps lathers with ease giving a great post shave feel. It’s a winner and just hoping the splash and rest of the Yaqi soaps and splashes don’t take 2 months to arrive as well!
Have a great Sunday everyone.

261024624_1436766093384234_169374570052191920_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Rose Soap
Soap: TDS Rose Notes
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (1)

Solid setup but shocking shave :oops: For some reason the London Bridge just didn't perform, leaving a fair few weepers on the neck and a lot of irritation. It's always worked fine through the Merkur, so maybe just one bad blade.

Last edited:
Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 28th November 2021

Shave Score 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Officina Artigiana - Milano
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: RR Game changer .84
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Post Shave ASL: Officina Artigiana - Milano
Post Shave Balm: Bart's Balm - Ben Lomond (Cinnamon & Patchouli)
Post Shave Cologne/EDT: Penhaligons - Cairo

Have a great day all.

Joe.

PXL_20211128_091354712~2.jpg

Sotd-28-11-21.png
Yesterday & today -

razor - Karve alu - C plate
blade - Feather (1&2 and out)
brush - Frank Shaving two-band & Wee Scot
soap - TDS Rose (sample)
post - Rosewater & Glycerin
a/s - Deliplus Locion
balm - Loreal Hydra
scent - Dior Oud Ispahan parfum.

Crap. Entirely and 100% due to the blade - I don't know why I persist with the bastard things. I can count on the fingers of one offensive gesture the number of positive experiences I've had with them - never seem to learn though. Have better shaves one and all - luego - I.

View attachment 80708
Yesterday & today -

razor - Karve alu - C plate
blade - Feather (1&2 and out)
brush - Frank Shaving two-band & Wee Scot
soap - TDS Rose (sample)
post - Rosewater & Glycerin
a/s - Deliplus Locion
balm - Loreal Hydra
scent - Dior Oud Ispahan parfum.

Crap. Entirely and 100% due to the blade - I don't know why I persist with the bastard things. I can count on the fingers of one offensive gesture the number of positive experiences I've had with them - never seem to learn though. Have better shaves one and all - luego - I.
My experience with Feather's is the same..I personally find them over-priced over-sharp, & burn themselves out very quickly...Stick with your usual suspects. Yours-Barry.

Back
Top Bottom