Shave of the Day 27th November - 3rd December 2021

SOTD 02-Dec
20211201_131824.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Casanova'
Soap: NO Lonestar
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional (1)

Firstly I have to thank @Paul L for getting the razor out so quickly, it is a stunner so thank you!

I was a little bit surprised (in a good way), for such a slim type razor there's a nice weight to it, I was expecting it to be a lot lighter so happy days. Loading a blade is simple and secure, it's certainly easier with the pins than the mound type things on the raster, so again excellent.

Today isn't a fair comparison as the raster had done such a good job there was less to mow down than usual this morning, but it did the job well. Very smooth, intuitive angle, perhaps lacks the same blade feel I usually go for but still ended up with a smooth finish and irritation free. I'll see this blade through then try the super pros, also looking to get the P-30's onboard.

Hope everyone has a grand day, and thank you again Paul!

Cheers

Marc

Thur 2nd December

Omega 11126 boar
Williams Mug soap
ER HFT - E bar
Gem S/S ( 1 )
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

My planned Shave of yesterday did not happen as I had things to do. Just as well as I had planned to use a Gem MM bullet tip and now cannot find it, but found a few 1912/ 1924s I had forgotten about.
Decided to use The ER version of a G Bar , which I would not normally use as I have found it to be too mild for me.
A pleasant enough Shave, but just cannot the close kind of finish that I prefer.

DB5AD562-DBFF-435E-BE92-6CDD6C0AC9AC.jpeg

Last edited:
Thursday 12.02.21 SOTD

uWAFDck.jpg

Pearl Flexi Adjustable V4 @4 / Polsilver Super Iridium
Oumo 18 Master Series 26mm Lotus Manchuria SHD Badger
Noble Otter Neon Sun Limited Edition Shaving Soap & Aftershave

SOTD 02-Dec
View attachment 80903
Brush: C&H 'Casanova'
Soap: NO Lonestar
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional (1)

Firstly I have to thank @Paul L for getting the razor out so quickly, it is a stunner so thank you!

I was a little bit surprised (in a good way), for such a slim type razor there's a nice weight to it, I was expecting it to be a lot lighter so happy days. Loading a blade is simple and secure, it's certainly easier with the pins than the mound type things on the raster, so again excellent.

Today isn't a fair comparison as the raster had done such a good job there was less to mow down than usual this morning, but it did the job well. Very smooth, intuitive angle, perhaps lacks the same blade feel I usually go for but still ended up with a smooth finish and irritation free. I'll see this blade through then try the super pros, also looking to get the P-30's onboard.

Hope everyone has a grand day, and thank you again Paul!

Cheers

Marc
You're most welcome, Marc
I'm please you like the Vector

Thursday DecemBOAR 2, 2021
Razor: Durham Dorset
Blade: Schick Proline AC Style (Heavily Modified)
Brush: Sad Stirling Boar
Soap: Gillette Cream
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Nivea Deep
Fragrance: Scuderia Ferrari Black
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,121

Heavy modification of the blade was yielding a smooth, close and actually fantastic comfortable shave before things went awry during the 3rd pass and literally BLEW apart. Glad I decide to do a video which captured it. The blade actually STUCK to me when it came out. Will revisit and fine tune the blade modification when I have more time. Seeing is believing.............watch the video and have a great day !

5zUKM1t.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Finest Badger
Soap: 3P
Razor: Merkur Mergress XL (2)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (7)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Cella Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Acca Kappa 1869 EdP

First outing for both the Shavemac and the 3P. The brush performed nicely - nimble and very efficient in whipping up a lather rapidly.
A touch of scritch compared to my Shavemac Silvertip knots, but was expecting that.
The 3P also performed well - this is surely up there in the "bang for your buck" stakes. Lather was slick, cushioning, and had good longevity and residual slickness.
Three passes for a comfortable and very close shave :).

Dec. 2, 2021
nFFWo9V.jpg

• Prep: Hot face wash
  • Brush: Wolf whiskers 26mm Maggards SHD badger
  • Razor: Wolfman WR3 0.40 SB
  • Blade: Personna GEM PTFE (2)
  • Lather: Lothur grooming - namkha
  • Post Shave: Lothur grooming - namkha
Another day, another shave!

Finally got to use product of one of the UK artisans that popped up not that long ago - Lothur grooming. Was a bit of blind buy - just based on reviews of others - but scent is amazing on this one. Performance is top notch too!

Lathered up with ease - quite water hungry imo. Scent got much better once lathered up (from the puck it seems heavier than it actually is).

Happy with that purchase. 3 Passes for BBS - Wolfie took care of all that easily - count me impressed with how smooth, safe yet efficient that head is. As much as I tend to love aggressive razors - this one is amazing too.

Shave finished off with namkha aftershave splash. All presentable and ready for work meetings. Now just to decide what fragrance to wear!

Pre - Shower
Brush - Zenith 506 Copper 28mm
Soap - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor - Rex Ambassador
Blade - Wizamet Iridium Super(2)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Arran soap Co. Machrie
A/S - Arran soap Co. Machrie

Thank you everyone for all your kind words and condolences, it means a lot.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Back
Top Bottom