September Acquisitions

20230919_202539.jpg
I know it's not shave related but it's Bruce Lee.
Today the Postman finally delivered my long awaited Enter the Dragon 50th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition 4K Ultra HD Steelbook (includes Blu-ray)
14842210-6185056315977204.jpg
For some mad reason WB decided to only produce 3000 copies globally, yep you read right a poultry 3000. The edition sold out within minutes of going on pre order.
They could have made a mint and sold at least ten times as many, all I can think of the decision was made by a young person that had no idea about the movie and it's cult following or indeed Bruce Lee. Such a bad decision.
Oh well I have number 338 so can't wait to watch it Saturday with popcorn etc and to see it looking fresh with awesome sound .
I can't stop myself leaping around the room quoting the movie lol.

I'm also interested in this one. Do you have the first razor they done for comparison?

@NatJag @OrangeSport

Morning Both,

I've only used the Evolution three times so far, so these are only initial impressions. As reference I use the Alpha Outlaw with the standard plate (not the mild plate).

The fit and finish is excellent, and the weight* and balance is spot on. As soon as you hold the Evo in your hands, it feels like a premium product.

The shave is comfortable (and efficient), with less blade feel with a narrower cutting angle (compared to the Outlaw), although finding the cutting angle is easy. I found very similar results using a different blade each time (Nacet, Silver Blue and Polsilver).

Is it a keeper? For me, no. *I prefer the weight of the original...and the main reason I could do with the cash for something else. It will be coming to a BST soon.

*I'm a fickle funny bugger.

Cheers
Rob

@NatJag @OrangeSport

Morning Both,

I've only used the Evolution three times so far, so these are only initial impressions. As reference I use the Alpha Outlaw with the standard plate (not the mild plate).

The fit and finish is excellent, and the weight* and balance is spot on. As soon as you hold the Evo in your hands, it feels like a premium product.

The shave is comfortable (and efficient), with less blade feel with a narrower cutting angle (compared to the Outlaw), although finding the cutting angle is easy. I found very similar results using a different blade each time (Nacet, Silver Blue and Polsilver).

Is it a keeper? For me, no. *I prefer the weight of the original...and the main reason I could do with the cash for something else. It will be coming to a BST soon.

Cheers
Rob

Thanks

I have the original (Executive Shaving version) and love it.. very efficient and very well made.

@NatJag @OrangeSport

Morning Both,

Cheers
Rob

So, in summary, are you saying they've tamed it and it's the worse for it?

Just had the email through about ES's version, but if I'm reading this correctly I think I'll pass...

So, in summary, are you saying they've tamed it and it's the worse for it?

Just had the email through about ES's version, but if I'm reading this correctly I think I'll pass...

One man's tame is another man's comfortable and I wouldn't say it's worse.
I only stated a preference.

I also wouldn't go on my impressions either. Others have loved it (over at ATG forum). You might love it.

Bought D.R. Harris Arlington soap (refill) from Connaught's. I've been meaning to try this so some time as I have the EdC for this and it's one of my favourites.

The puck just nicely fits inside my recently finished TOBS cream tub.

I tried it this morning. Scent and performance were top notch. The only downside is that It seems to have a little tingle/burn afterwards - nothing major but makes me feel a bit flushed. I'll continue to use it and see if I adjust to it. This happened with TOBS sandalwood shave cream; after a few uses I didn't have a problem.

Acquire DRHarris Alrlington Soap.jpgght

IMG_4061.jpeg
IMG_4063.jpegIMG_4064.jpeg

Just arrived:
- DG Massacre of the Innocents, really nice scent. My last american soap for the next year or so (or forever actually, as I have already so many!)
- DS cosmetic razor stand in aluminium. Nice weight, as you can see can hold up to 3 razors, 2 holes (13 and 14 mm if I remember correctly) and a pin for hollow handles. For the price is a no brainier for me, and really much needed as last week I happened to drop my latest SS razor (thankfully nothing broke but I was lucky). Ordered on Aliexpress and arrived in less than a week.
It works both as a stand and for displaying razors. who knows maybe I will reach a point where I only really shave with 3 razors, selling everything else and applying the famous Occam’s razor rule literally (sort of eheh)

More legacy Gillette stuff ...

ADCreHccaQ9m9mbNvTMiW8TXCyX1uKiFFuOMZLIl84aWJPFABMVNUOxx_1JRQUzcEEbnWukQqD4sSyXysE1eimxjUIfU4WdGfwAxUEMNRufRG1kzRXfV4Jp6XECVM4wIRzluKiG1amo3XeVQhct1modF-384MA=w800

6 New Brushes for me not the best picture o know plus i have another couple of vintage shave sticks.
Palmolive plus a Cussons Navigator.
I now have around 15 ish sticks and i really need to start putting a dent in them.
i always say i’ll keep them for a rainy day but if i don’t get them used i’ll miss out on some wonderful soaps.
Also my wife’s been at it again
( No not that ) ;)
She’s bought me another couple of soaps.
Not my choice and probably nothing i would pick personally but saying that i really enjoyed the Absinthe Minded & the other getting used tonight
IMG_2482.jpegIMG_2484.png

Back
Top Bottom