SE v DE What's the benefits?

AC blades all the way. Sharper, thicker, more rigid, wider, less flex, more efficient, more effective, longer blade life and end product? Better shaves and why I left DE's behind. And curse the 'windscreen wiper brigade' they know nothing.

Try, like and dump your DE razors........

Although not quite 100% true, as I did hang on to the classic R89 and the closest razor on the planet the Ikon B1.

And then bought the Rocnel half DE razor because I liked the look of it.

In general though, SE is the best route to perfect shaves. Am I biased? Too damn right

...And curse the 'windscreen wiper brigade' they know nothing...

BRWc7IR.jpg

;)

As an owner and user of vintage cutlery (1912s , 1914s, 1924s, Injectors, Gillette Techs (Early War, Fat Handle, Flat Bed), Olds, News, New Improved, Super Speeds, Aristocrats and others); together with contemporaries such as Rockwell, Mühle, Yaqi and Feather, I feel happy with DE or SE, vintage or contemporary. It all depends on the inspiration of that day. And good prep, of course. Like anything else, it’s mileage (YMMV).

To claim that vintage (or contemporary, for that matter) can’t be beaten is subjective and shouldn’t be interpreted as the final word. What is best is that which works for you as an individual.

As an owner and user of vintage cutlery (1912s , 1914s, 1924s, Injectors, Gillette Techs (Early War, Fat Handle, Flat Bed), Olds, News, New Improved, Super Speeds, Aristocrats and others); together with contemporaries such as Rockwell, Mühle, Yaqi and Feather, I feel happy with DE or SE, vintage or contemporary. It all depends on the inspiration of that day. And good prep, of course. Like anything else, it’s mileage (YMMV).

To claim that vintage (or contemporary, for that matter) can’t be beaten is subjective and shouldn’t be interpreted as the final word. What is best is that which works for you as an individual.
Well said!

Back
Top Bottom