SE razors are harder to find than dinosaurs

Sounds good Steve,

I mean why use more than one type of SE razor. Overkill is right. All you need is the right one and it's a done deal after that. Pretty easy eh?

What's gonna be the best fit? The Mongoose or maybe a Cobra or possibly even a Schick type? They all shave differently. So all you need is to test drive each kind and go with the best set up. Yep, very easy as I said. Oh, don't bother with those 1912ish contraptions. Ok, to be fair, they are amazingly popular for some reason. All you need is one kind though.

See, you thought it was gonna be bad news,

Martin
+ 1..:eek:

Billy

The reason I'm hesitant about getting a vintage SE razor, is simple: it's a slippery road much like the one I have with DE razors. You start with one, and then your acquisition disorder kicks in. How many members of this forum have just 1 (one, uno, odin, eine) vintage razor? I can't go there. I've got 6 DE razors and I just want 1 (one, uno, odin, eine) SE razor.

If you get a Mongoose, you probably will hanker after a Cobra/ One Blade. For the price of One you could chase the rabbit and get a few vintage SE/Injectors.

The razor was £28.15, postage was £11.50. No case that I'm aware of, and no blades. It was the only one I saw that was one of the M series (I think). I hope I didn't pay too much, but this is my first vintage so, oh well!
Just Remember that the Schick Injector Classification by Alan G Appleby wasn't used by Schick..These Classifications are a Guide & only that..The Schick Adjustable is usually advertised as Such..Don't always get sold as M Series..;)

Billy

Just Remember that the Schick Injector Classification by Alan G Appleby wasn't used by Schick..These Classifications are a Guide & only that..The Schick Adjustable is usually advertised as Such..Don't always get sold as M Series..;)

Billy
I haven't the slightest clue as to what you're talking about, Billy. I only put the "M series" in my post to give the impression that I knew what I was talking about. For all I know it could be a Q or a K or a J ... Don't think I know anything just because I put something in writing. When I get it I'll take a picture and post it along with the "small rust spots that can easily be removed" as stated in the fleabay description.

Didn't Appleby have a Top 10 hit in the '70s?

Back
Top Bottom