Schick injector, which one is it?

Hello

A lovely friend of mine just sent me and the wife a bag full of treats. One of them was this Schick razor. I have never even touched one of these before so I do not have a clue about them.
Can any body tell me what model it is please? Just curious.
On the razor it has, Eversharp Schick, us pat 1806087 1969945
Cheers

image.jpegimage.jpeg

That's a Schick Type G 8...About middle of the road in terms of aggression...Lovely...That one has the blade removed...You will need to inject a blade and load a second one to eject the first...You are now good to Go...These were not meant to be loaded empty and the first blade that you load will more than likely run across the blade stops...Connaught's sell personna blades & you can also buy Chinese Schick blades from Amazon ...o_O

Billy

Cheers billy. Theres a blade already loaded but not used it. I have some old blades but I feel like I shouldnt use them as Icant clean them. I looked at connaughts, will have to pick some up.
Did you try the chinese ones before?

Cheers billy. Theres a blade already loaded but not used it. I have some old blades but I feel like I shouldnt use them as Icant clean them. I looked at connaughts, will have to pick some up.
Did you try the chinese ones before?
Some of those old blades are Skull + Cross Bones...I use the Chinese ones in more aggressive injectors...I find that the G Type is far too mild with a Chinese blade...That's the general consensus on that one...A lot of folks find the same...The Personna blades work really well in the G Type and they are cheap as chips...Chinese blades are more expensive but last twice as long..o_O

Billy

Connaughts it is then, I will give it a whirl. The only razor I tend to use these days is a 1924, so Im interested to see how mild.
The G Type is not a Mild Injector by any means...Its just that the Chinese Blades Tame things down...I get a lot of PMs about this from the USA because the Chinese blades are the main choice of blade over there..:eek:

The Chinese blades are excellent blades but they are more suited to Very Aggressive Injectors ..The G Type is a very efficient shaver and is not as Aggressive as a 1924...The 1924 is one of the most aggressive SEs out there...If want an aggressive injector that's up there with the 1924 get a Schick Type E 2 that opens & or a PAL Injectomatic...They are the business ...:D

Billy

The G Type is not a Mild Injector by any means...Its just that the Chinese Blades Tame things down...I get a lot of PMs about this from the USA because the Chinese blades are the main choice of blade over there..:eek:

The Chinese blades are excellent blades but they are more suited to Very Aggressive Injectors ..The G Type is a very efficient shaver and is not as Aggressive as a 1924...The 1924 is one of the most aggressive SEs out there...If want an aggressive injector that's up there with the 1924 get a Schick Type E 2 that opens & or a PAL Injectomatic...They are the business ...:D

Billy

Cheers for the info. Ive wanted to try one for ages. Just know nothing. Im not just into aggressive razors it just so happens I prefer the 1924. After that a 1912!
Im very intruiged to see how it shaves as people seem to be mixed about them. Probably will look for others anyways, its just what happens ha.

I found an old Hydromagic in the back of a cupboard a while back and loaded it up with Personna blades from Connaught's and have to say that they do me just fine. I'll grab some Chinese blades eventually and see how they go, but so far it's a fantastic shaver ....... Not really aggressive, but it certainly mows through a few days worth of growth with no mucking about.

Back
Top Bottom