Scent of The Day

Al Aneeq Ahraar

Top notes: Flowery Notes, Coffee, Iris
Middle notes: Lily of the Valley, Vanilla, Pomegranate
Base notes: Amber, White Musk, Guaiac Wood

ahraar-top_280x280.jpg

Cor! That's nice!

Naturally, the coffee and vanilla shout the loudest upon application, but there's so much more to this frag with the florals underpinned by the subtle darkness of lily. Pomegranate is most definitely there, but it's not the sour fruitiness that comes through to my nose but a rounding powdery dryness.

Guaiacwood is a real favourite of mine as I adore oily woods, be it guaiac, birch or juniper oil. Lovely stuff! This should all pick up perfectly for my shave this evening with a soap that I call 'Shibden Woods' as it reminds me very much of a walk through our local woods. It began as a classy artisinal soap simply called Ghassoul from Lasheba and had an ingredient list as long as your arm or organic this, that and the other, but interestingly cocoa (no, not cacao) and despite having a number of other soaps mixed into it over the years, the powdery cocoa is still there. Splash of Brush Musk to finish, I think.

This is the first application of this oil for me, so it will be very interesting to see how it evolves through the day ...
Hours later, the coffee and vanilla have faded and I'm left with tarry woods, dark florals and a mustiness that even Eucris would be proud to have stirred up!

Al Aneeq Shaykh

Top notes: Diffusive, tobacco, rose, oriental
Middle notes: White flower, bouquet type notes, patchouli, woody
Base notes: Musk, amber

I had to look up "diffusive" and actually they mean Turnera Diffusa (or Damiana), which lends a herbaceous note that is very vocal upon application! "Let me out!!!", it screams ... and then you get Al Aneeq's gorgeous florals, once again pinned to masculine with some darker white florals (guessing Lily or Jasmine) and a lively woodiness. Tobacco is on the bill, but it's a supporting scent, as is the patchouli, to the woods.

Knowing now a bit about how Al Aneeq's scents develop, I am looking forward to this being a long-playing amber rose in a couple of hours.

I'm using the oil, but this is one of Al Aneeq's top-tier fragrances which they also sell as an EDP which you can buy a his/hers (Shaykh/Shaykha) set:

To my nose, this is really quite a western frag that would happily sit in and amongst Jacques Bogart's line-up.

Last edited:
Al Aneeq Shaykh

Top notes: Diffusive, tobacco, rose, oriental
Middle notes: White flower, bouquet type notes, patchouli, woody
Base notes: Musk, amber

I had to look up "diffusive" and actually they mean Turnera Diffusa (or Damiana), which lends a herbaceous note that is very vocal upon application! "Let me out!!!", it screams ... and then you get Al Aneeq's gorgeous florals, once again pinned to masculine with some darker white florals (guessing Lily or Jasmine) and a lively woodiness. Tobacco is on the bill, but it's a supporting scent, as is the patchouli, to the woods.

Knowing now a bit about how Al Aneeq's scents develop, I am looking forward to this being a long-playing amber rose in a couple of hours.

I'm using the oil, but this is one of Al Aneeq's top-tier fragrances which they also sell as an EDP which you can buy a his/hers (Shaykh/Shaykha) set:

To my nose, this is really quite a western frag that would happily sit in and amongst Jacques Bogart's line-up.
Indeed, the rose came through once the white florals had died down and that too gave way to an earthy, muskiness. Still discernable, but very much diminished ... I think by tomorrow it will be a memory rather than a base over which the next oil is applied.

Very much enjoyed nevertheless. And, yes, if this came as a spray and had a Jacques Bogart label on it, I would not think anything was amis.

Al Aneeq Oud Sahara

Top notes: Oriental fresh (bitter orange, cypress)
Middle notes: Floral (jasmine, rose, beeswax, papyrus), oriental frankincense
Base notes: Oriental woody (cedarwood, oud, cistus labdanum, peru balsam, benzoin, frankincense, vanilla)

oud-sahara-main8_280x280.jpg

Rather expecting yet another "evocation of sand dunes, exotic woods wrapped in balsam" kinda thing, but no ... this really is so much more!

Al Aneeq's gorgeous florals opening up yet disipating quite quickly, tempered by grasses, cypress and beeswax. Yes, it's then a medley of exotic woods wrapped in precious balsams, rounded and livened up by the bitter orange. Classy! Perhaps a little short-lived now that the florals have died down, but it may have many stages to go through as the day progresses.

Al Aneeq Oud Sahara

Top notes: Oriental fresh (bitter orange, cypress)
Middle notes: Floral (jasmine, rose, beeswax, papyrus), oriental frankincense
Base notes: Oriental woody (cedarwood, oud, cistus labdanum, peru balsam, benzoin, frankincense, vanilla)

oud-sahara-main8_280x280.jpg

Rather expecting yet another "evocation of sand dunes, exotic woods wrapped in balsam" kinda thing, but no ... this really is so much more!

Al Aneeq's gorgeous florals opening up yet disipating quite quickly, tempered by grasses, cypress and beeswax. Yes, it's then a medley of exotic woods wrapped in precious balsams, rounded and livened up by the bitter orange. Classy! Perhaps a little short-lived now that the florals have died down, but it may have many stages to go through as the day progresses.
The rose made itself known after a few hours, riding atop quite cough sweet balsam! That died down and I'm left with a sumptuous amber.

Back
Top Bottom