Scent of The Day

jubilation-xxv-man-amouage-13004.jpg

Al Aneeq Arabian Nights

Top notes: Freesia, Nagarmotha
Middle notes: Lily of the Valley, Magnolia, Rose, Violet, Jasmine, Agarwood
Base notes: Musk, Ambergris, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver

arabian-nights%20(3)_280x280.jpg

Very successful balance of dark and light florals over woods, where the vetiver takes preciedence initially but not overpowering the earthiness of the patchouli and creaminess of the sandalwood. It's soft and delicate. Very personal scent.

375x500.60929.jpg

Amouage interlude black iris

as a fan of iris scents I just had to grab couple ml of this to try. Very interesting offering and take on an iris scent. Majority of iris scents I have smelled to date were quite easy to wear (e.g iris offering by goutal , dior homme series or givenchy gentleman) so this one is really a nee type for me.

well done smooth iris smokiness … the way I imagine this is plenty of smoke with iris sprinkled into it. Obviously there’s quite a bit more going on but that’s what I see for the iris part. Amazing scent - but personally not sure whether I’d like a bottle of that - maybe sometime in a future , but as it stands now I can’t see myself having many opportunities to wear it (especially when working from home) . But without thinking about practicality of it - I’d love to have it.

powerful, mysterious, classy yet quite bold and daring scent.

Last edited:
Al Aneeq Arabian Nights

Top notes: Freesia, Nagarmotha
Middle notes: Lily of the Valley, Magnolia, Rose, Violet, Jasmine, Agarwood
Base notes: Musk, Ambergris, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver

arabian-nights%20(3)_280x280.jpg

Very successful balance of dark and light florals over woods, where the vetiver takes preciedence initially but not overpowering the earthiness of the patchouli and creaminess of the sandalwood. It's soft and delicate. Very personal scent.
... and by the end of the day, it has flipped. Upon application the stronger facets were most definitely light florals and deep rhizomatic woods; now, the darker elements of the lily and jasmine are in full force over soft, creamy woods.

I was reflecting upon the scent overall, and it is most definitely middle eastern. It put me very much in mind of some of the mukhallats that I bought early on and really had no idea how to process, coming from a western frag tradition. This blend has certainly reminded me of that. Bravo!

Al Aneeq Ahraar

Top notes: Flowery Notes, Coffee, Iris
Middle notes: Lily of the Valley, Vanilla, Pomegranate
Base notes: Amber, White Musk, Guaiac Wood

ahraar-top_280x280.jpg

Cor! That's nice!

Naturally, the coffee and vanilla shout the loudest upon application, but there's so much more to this frag with the florals underpinned by the subtle darkness of lily. Pomegranate is most definitely there, but it's not the sour fruitiness that comes through to my nose but a rounding powdery dryness.

Guaiacwood is a real favourite of mine as I adore oily woods, be it guaiac, birch or juniper oil. Lovely stuff! This should all pick up perfectly for my shave this evening with a soap that I call 'Shibden Woods' as it reminds me very much of a walk through our local woods. It began as a classy artisinal soap simply called Ghassoul from Lasheba and had an ingredient list as long as your arm or organic this, that and the other, but interestingly cocoa (no, not cacao) and despite having a number of other soaps mixed into it over the years, the powdery cocoa is still there. Splash of Brush Musk to finish, I think.

This is the first application of this oil for me, so it will be very interesting to see how it evolves through the day ...

Back
Top Bottom