Saturday 8th May to Friday 14th May 2021

Monday 10th May

ACtC-3ezOacirC7PL0z8afHc51fF1dOotrtfcoblZ6AbPzHguHQKnthnx5qJTFbecCecpn56cj3bUkwzZENqqcIwhocLIx5ecYTZLLDzMnpFCN07xWwS8WDaWiHUWY88GvCINshkk9OoKpfDj_WyoB1LQYx6lQ=s800

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Vitos SuperCrema (Classic)
Semogue SOC Taj
Yaqi AC w/Weber Bulldog Handle
Feather Professional (2)
Brut Oceans Aftershave

Commencing a week of Brut ... Oceans, Passion, Original, Alaska, Musk, Attraction Totale & Sport Style.

Second shave with the Yaqi AC and the Feather Professional. Another super shave! I can certainly feel the blade doing its thing ... right.

Lovely!

Razor = Rex Ambassador ( 4 )
Blade = Voskhod ( 3 )
Brush = Alpha Rubberset 400 Travel
Soap = Barrister & Man Frankly My Pear
Balm = As Above
Splash = Skin Bracer.
Decent enough shave this but i’m getting fed up of this soap, i actually can’t make my mind up whether i like the scent or not,
i don’t dislike it but it’s quite weird it has a very artificial smell to it unlike the Ariana & Evans Asian Pear which is class.
don’t get me wrong the soap performs well enough
i just think i’m bored.
For some odd reason i don’t use the Rex often enough properly because i’m shaving more regular and my face can’t take the rex to often.
Overall it was a decent shave
View attachment 69653
I’m with you on the scent of the B&M soap - I can’t decide either. On occasions I don’t mind it, others I’m not fussed.
I do find the performance impressive though. I’m probably gonna keep my eye out for a different scent but in the same base.

I’m with you on the scent of the B&M soap - I can’t decide either. On occasions I don’t mind it, others I’m not fussed.
I do find the performance impressive though. I’m probably gonna keep my eye out for a different scent but in the same base.
Yeah Agreed
as i say this one is very good well it does what it’s meant to be but the scent for me is weird

Today’s Shave.

Pre. ....... Proraso white
Soap ..... MDC Rose (sample)
Brush ..... Beehive
Razor .... Ikon b1/ windrose ss handle
Blade. .... GSB (2)
Post. .... Alum ,Hot/ cold face rinse ,
Asb. ...... Nivea replenish
ASL .... Floid Vigoroso

A 3 pass shave to a smoooth bbs finish .Razor and blade a great combo and the brush worked the MDC into a super lather. All in all a very good relaxed shave, finished off with a good splash of Floid.
Stay safe, keep smiling :)
99A20924-D9C9-4483-A6A0-1F693EDC8150.jpeg

What a razor..... and a very tasteful handle

Snap

IMG_20210508_135128.jpg

Good evening everyone

Just a quick one above and below the stubble line for a quick tidy up.

Soap - TOBS Grapefruit
Brush - Yaqi Timberwolf
Razor - Muhle R89
Blade - Sputnik #4
Post - Barts Grapefruit & Pink Pepper

22485A1C-C235-46A8-95A1-BA10317A43E0.jpeg

I think that this was one of those that would have been an absolute cracker if it was the full treatment. Love the scent of the TOBS cream and finished off nicely with Barts ASL.

Stay everyone.

G

Tried posting this this morning but had too many errors :)

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Monday 10th May 2021

Shave Score 9.8/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso - Refreshing Green (menthol)
Soap: ARKO
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: RazoRock Lupo Aluminum
Blade: Astra Platinum (2)
Post Shave ASL: Proraso - Refreshing Green (menthol)
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: John Varvartos - Artisan Pure

Another great BBS shave, forgot how nice the Lupo shaves, need to rotate it in more often :)

Have a great day all.

Joe

F04EC3CB-EDF2-431D-9A75-CE6BF0AACF3B.jpeg

20210510_212343.jpg20210510_183255.jpg
SOTD May 10th

Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Soap - PAA John Frum CK6
Razor - Ever Ready 1914
Blade Gem Personna SSC #5
Post - Brut AS and Real Musgo Balm

Retro shave that was a joy!
Getting to grips with the 1914 angle now and for me it sits between the 1912 and Micromatic Open comb. The PAA lather was luxurious and abundant. Post shave equally sumptuous.
A glorious shave all round.
Continue to stay safe people and as importantly enjoy your shaves all.

Razor- Gillette Slim (6)
Blade- Voskhod
Brush- Yaqi 24mm
Soap- Signature Soaps Mamucium
Post- Speick ASL, Lea 3 in 1 balm
IMG_1563.JPG

Decided to try out the Voskhod in the slim and it worked really nicely- the slim being a smooth shaver, while also being cranked up ever so slightly to 6 and paired with the smooth yet sharp Voskhod, made for a pretty lovely experience :)

The Mamucium, like all of Brian's soaps, is just brilliant. The performance of these soaps always blows me away and I haven't wanted to use anything else lately, so my soap sample pile that I've been meaning to work through has been put on hold.
I don't see this particular soap get as much attention as some of Brian's others, but I think it should. To me, it's a beeeautiful scent and I'd really recommend it if you enjoy other Signature Soaps.

Last edited:
View attachment 69669View attachment 69670
SOTD May 10th

Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Soap - PAA John Frum CK6
Razor - Ever Ready 1914
Blade Gem Personna SSC #5
Post - Brut AS and Real Musgo Balm

Retro shave that was a joy!
Getting to grips with the 1914 angle now and for me it sits between the 1912 and Micromatic Open comb. The PAA lather was luxurious and abundant. Post shave equally sumptuous.
A glorious shave all round.
Continue to stay safe people and as importantly enjoy your shaves all.
Your stainless blade looks stained. ???

Back
Top Bottom