Saturday 8th May to Friday 14th May 2021

Voilà

Cheers Chris. How could I have forgotten about Big Deal Smart / Big Deals Mart. I tried typing BDSM in online, but got some very strange sites, most of which didn't even mention shaving....

@Jester the blues you are trying are from the bigdealsmart too . Although I liked them, for me the London bridge blades (from the same seller) that I actually send you to try are superior. That's why I am going for 100 LB soon
You're probably right, George. I was just surprised by how "foolproof" the Blue felt in comparison to the seemingly much sharper London Bridge. Daily driver over weekend pamper blade, if you will. As they're both available from bigdealsmart, I'm sure both will fall into my basket :whistle:

You're probably right, George. I was just surprised by how "foolproof" the Blue felt in comparison to the seemingly much sharper London Bridge. Daily driver over weekend pamper blade, if you will. As they're both available from bigdealsmart, I'm sure both will fall into my basket :whistle:
Not really sure about the London Bridge. Its a YMMV thing. I have never managed more than 3 shaves. 1st not very smooth, 2nd good, and tailing off during the 3rd.

11/05/21
Pre: Shower, Cold water Face splash
Brush: Simpson Duke 2
Soap: OSP Old Gold
Razor: Razorock Hawk SS V3 "A"
Blade: Feather Pro (10)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice

Wk 19 (4).JPG
As smooth as can be, the Feather Pro will also been given another run out.
Stay safe and enjoy our day All

SOTD 11-May
20210511_124327.jpg
Prep: Warm shower and Rogue face scrub
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Soap: Faena Electron
Razor: Razorock Hawk SS V3 'A'
Blade: Feather Professional Super

No nonsense dog bowl shave, lathered up a treat, the Hawk combined with the feather is definitely in my comfort zone, 5 shaves in with it and going grand.

I'm resisting the temptation to try other modern SE Razors at the moment (note I said modern as I'm still tempted to get a 1912 ever ready as that was a great shave), just because this one does the job so well.

Wonderfully refreshed and semi-ready for the workday (who wants to work!).

Have a grand day all

Cheers

Marc

Tue 11th May

RR 400. SE- Plissoft noir
Officina Artigiana
Yaqi Raster V2 + S/S handle
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 7 )
Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

Just had to try out a standard handle on the Yaqi. Though it partially blocked the drainage channel and was heavier than the original , the performance of the Razor was not affected. The closeness of finish was a bit down as I think the blade had been worked quite hard to get so many Top Notch results.

D5C738C2-375F-4D3D-AB82-686DB292ACA2.jpeg

Tuesday 11th May
Yaqi Moka Express - Hampshire Wool Fat - Valet VC1 - Modified GEM Stainless Coated #1 - William's Aqua Velva - Aloe Vera Gel
Gz3fULc.jpg

Prep: Shower
Pre: Pears Soap
Soap: Catie’s Bubbles - A Midnight Dreary
Brush: Omega #625 as restored by @shaunwistow
Razor: Pearl Flexi V2
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum
The Pearl has fallen a little out of my regular weekly routine recently not because of any failings just that I had new toys to try, and I’m trying to keep my weekend shaves to 1 razor, to test a selection of new blades out with a constant razor to compare just them to. I realised that this was a mistake as as usual it performed brilliantly. It has a great grip and weight to it, and I got a great shave without any alum sting. It’s odd that my two current favourite razors seem to be opposites in weight and style, this and the leaf twig.
I was really looking forward to trying the Catie’s Bubbles - A Midnight Dreary as I’d heard nothing but good things but while I found it lathered nicely, I didn’t think it was that strong a scent. I think after the new Stirling Shadow Orchid I tried earlier in the week, I’ve decided I like my soaps stronger and punchier in the morning!
My mighty little Omega #625 lathered it up a treat though and was soon overflowing with copious rich cream, my photo doesn’t do it justice. It is still my favourite brush, and the first bit of quality equipment I bought! So thanks again Shawn!
Add to that I used my 3-d printed bowl, which always does an amazing job and it was a great start to the day!

Attachments

• 844B1FCB-2538-4665-912B-9293C83B2BEC.jpeg
    844B1FCB-2538-4665-912B-9293C83B2BEC.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 8AF3F4B4-F325-4529-9E99-DD05815D7F8D.jpeg
    8AF3F4B4-F325-4529-9E99-DD05815D7F8D.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom