Saturday 8th May to Friday 14th May 2021

By the Other One do you mean the Katana that takes 1/2 DE blades ?
The other "colour" (didn't know how to phrase it) ... so I have polished chrome Yaqi AC/Raster (sans proper handle) and the matte chrome Yaqi AC/Raster (with proper handle). I do also have the Yaqi SE/Katana in both polished chrome and DLC, but not the dark chrome.

A lot of B&M soaps are a little different shall we say I quite like many of them but not all that’s what he’s always been about thinking out of the box and unusual..quite an acquired taste some of them
Yeah i know what you mean.
iv never actually disliked any soap in the past.
Yes there has been soaps i can take them or leave them but this particular soap smells quite nice then 10 minutes later it’s pretty sh1t lol
and iv no idea why, to me it’s quite sickly

Tuesday AM 2021-05-11
National Eat Anything You Want Day
KWR9BWY.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ivory Finest (26/55)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil shaving cream (vintage)
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black
Wilkinson London Bridge (2)
Ginger's Garden Almond aftershave

Vq2yzX1.jpg

The other "colour" (didn't know how to phrase it) ... so I have polished chrome Yaqi AC/Raster (sans proper handle) and the matte chrome Yaqi AC/Raster (with proper handle). I do also have the Yaqi SE/Katana in both polished chrome and DLC, but not the dark chrome.
Where did you get the latest Raster, I thought it was sold out.

Yeah i know what you mean.
iv never actually disliked any soap in the past.
Yes there has been soaps i can take them or leave them but this particular soap smells quite nice then 10 minutes later it’s pretty sh1t lol
and iv no idea why, to me it’s quite sickly
Must admit I’ve had that before with B&M SOA one sniff and I couldn’t get enough then the next sniff and It was a bit meh, I honestly think quite a few of his scents are ones that grow on you...take night music for instance years ago there was a big uproar..I won’t say what the scent was compared to but it got a lot of hate..others with a more sophisticated nose absolutely loved it. I think Seville, Cheshire etc and the reserve line are a safe bet his others can be a bit out there

Nice4Shaves - on eBay or Amazon. Selling fast! I can't vouch for the seller as I've not bought from them before, but they're the folks who always seem to carry a good stock of Yaqi in the UK.
HI Paul,
Thanks for heads up, I have gone for another one.Think it best to strike while iron is hot . Am going to try the Kai Protouch MG blade next as it is supposed to be better than The Pink. Looks as though you may have overcome your dislike of AC/SE, Think the Razor looks better with a conventional handle , I personally did not fancy the Vector because of the handle - nothing to do with cost:)
Cheers-Mike

HI Paul,
Thanks for heads up, I have gone for another one.Think it best to strike while iron is hot . Am going to try the Kai Protouch MG blade next as it is supposed to be better than The Pink. Looks as though you may have overcome your dislike of AC/SE, Think the Razor looks better with a conventional handle , I personally did not fancy the Vector because of the handle - nothing to do with cost:)
Cheers-Mike

Ordered, cheers Paul

HI Paul,

NP

I was just having a search around for what's available in the AC/SE market and happened upon a stock of the Yaqi AC on Amazon. I thought I recognised the name as the eBay seller who carries the Yaqi brushes. Yep! Same seller. Let's hope he imports more of their razors - the convenience would be good.

I still have a bit of a smirk using an AC/SE as it is more like a squeegee than a razor :ROFLMAO:

I think I was more offended by the seemingly obscene spiral in cost of that type of razor than the actual shave itself. I'm certainly not a tight bugger but I do like value for money. I got turned off back in the Cobra/Mongoose days. Using these blades in a straight/kamisori format was fine, but I simply preferred the shave from the Weck/Personna format.

Yes! I've enjoyed two shaves ... I'm sure I'll enjoy a lot more.

Bit of a mix n match today, just basically picked the first things at hand.
Pre = Fitjar Island charcoal bar
Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Lancet Stainless
Brush = Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Soap= House Of Mammoth Mood Indigo
Splash = Tobs Eton College Collection
Balm = L’oréal Barberclub.
Well where do i start
i have these blades for possibly 14 months or more and never gave them a go, so though right here goes.
First pass i thought ah ok these are decent what was i worried about
Second Pass ah this is getting a bit tuggy infact oops iv got a weeper oh wait a minute there’s another weeper as the tugs continued
Third Pass i was starting to resemble the Elephant Man
i mean some would say i probably looked like that before the shave but there you go.
The moral of the story is
i’m not using this blade again :eek:.
Ah it wasn’t all bad iv plenty blood left for another day
9E16EA75-F363-480D-BD69-E631FB4EDFE9.pngo_O

Last edited:
SoTd
Just had a lovely shave with my new boker it’s just been beautifully honed by @RussellR5555..first ever shave with it and a very enjoyable one a nice smooth edge very comfortable absolutely love it i usually prefer a 6/8 but this is a great little shaver.

Always enjoy the Mdc natural and find it pairs well with the violets aftershave..another one of my favourite florals, feeling super smooth and refreshed
4535B039-8239-472B-B991-9F3F8C6D3F98.jpeg

Beautiful brush Chris'.

Paul.
Thanks Paul. Made by a chap in Scotland. He's looking to make some more soon. This is his Etsy page:

Back
Top Bottom