Soap: 1912 Irish Fern
Razor: Colonial General V2 SS - Ikon Bulldog
Blade: Kai Titan Pink (10)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Gucci by Gucci Balm
Aftershave: Pinaud Whiskey Woods

Wk 19 (3).JPG
Simply wonderful!
This Tuxedo knotted little brush from Jayaruh has some backbone, a face lather today with the Irish Fern producing a very slick, cushioning lather, the brush holding enough for the shave.
I prefer the Ikon handle on the V2 General, it just seems to work for me and i think it looks and feels better than the original fluted handle.
3 passes for a very comfortable BBS finish.
A nice post shave routine to finish things off.
The blade performed very well on its 10th outing, i usually bank them after 10, however, i am going to give it another run out later in the week just to see if i can.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

10/5/21

Pre - Cien Soap Free Facial Scrub
Brush - Zenith Euro X (23mm/56mm Boar)
Soap - Intesa Shaving Cream
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette Nacet Stainless (3)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Cien Aqua

The Nacet didn't feel that sharp for the first two shaves in an Old Type, so I put the blade in a slightly more efficient razor (but not as aggressive one by any stretch of the imagination!) and crikey was the blade sharp!

A good shave.

Have a good start to the week gents.

Late-night Shave

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter/APR ~ Texaus (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock SS Lupo 72 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

This run of Shaves with this new to me Razor is quite exceptional. It really scores for working ATG and is superb working around the neck, where most Razors struggle.

View attachment 69649

From just the one shave I've had, I agree absolutely ...

I have two areas on my neck that defy the beard mapping rule. This razor zaps through both. Credit where it's due, the 1912 does as well. DEs don't, not without a buff from an alternate angle. Injectors don't.

... and I keep meaning to get some Pitralon in.

Really looking forward to another shave with it this evening.

One would hope so - but not in my case - pretty much my entire adult life has been affected by depression in one way, shape or form - I sought help - cbt didn't work - anti-depressant pills were even worse - I had to drop out of uni because of taking them. I've just learned to live with it - that's what I am like - it is part of me - I'm generally happy being me and it is part of what makes me - sometimes it is a real struggle to accomplish even the most basic tasks - but not always. Shaving in the way we do here helps a lot - my partner uses it as a barometer - if I have an 8 day growth - she knows I am down. The absolute key thing though is that we can say these things out loud. Talking is good - I.

Prep: Shower
Pre: Pears Soap
Soap: Stirling Shadow Orchid
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur Futur clone
Blade: Personna - Viking's Sword

My first SOD post, and first time trying out both the blade and soap. The futur clone was a present from the wife but despite buying a number of higher quality razors since, including a Merkur Progress I just get on better with this and it always gives me a great shave and today with the Viking was no different. I wanted to try the new blade with a razor I’m comfortable with and I can see why these are being raved about. I got a very smooth shave clearing my days growth smoothly and without irritation. I’m still unsure about the Baxter’s balm it doesn’t feel massively soothing or like it’s doing a great job but I got two in a cheap Amazon deal the other day so I’ve been giving it a try. The Sagrada Familia has become one of my favourite brushes and it always creates a great lather without any issue, it’s an absolute bargain of a brush. View attachment 69625
Excellent shave set up...The Merkur Futur clone is a great razor...Like any razor you use it's all about 'technique & shaving confidence'...I have 3 yaqi Synthetic brushes and each perform and provide wonderfully. The Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia tuxedo is a brush every traditional wet shaver should have in their shaving den. My personal favourite from the yaqi stable. (y)

Last edited:
Razor = Rex Ambassador ( 4 )
Blade = Voskhod ( 3 )
Brush = Alpha Rubberset 400 Travel
Soap = Barrister & Man Frankly My Pear
Balm = As Above
Splash = Skin Bracer.
Decent enough shave this but i’m getting fed up of this soap, i actually can’t make my mind up whether i like the scent or not,
i don’t dislike it but it’s quite weird it has a very artificial smell to it unlike the Ariana & Evans Asian Pear which is class.
don’t get me wrong the soap performs well enough
i just think i’m bored.
For some odd reason i don’t use the Rex often enough properly because i’m shaving more regular and my face can’t take the rex to often.
Overall it was a decent shave
A25E2F0C-386B-4723-9951-E32A5C83B9C4.jpeg

Monday AM 2021-05-10
First US paper currency issued this date, 1775
8bKS7AQ.jpg

Rooney 2/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/53)
Hemingway Accoutrements shaving cream
Paradigm 17-4/UFO Titan Fine
Wilkinson London Bridge (1)
Hemingway Accoutrements aftershave

The software was very uplifting on a cloudy day. The razor head and handle balanced beautifully, and the Paradigm remains the best razor I have ever used.
eZw4HFP.jpg

Prep: Shower
Pre: Pears Soap
Soap: Hampshire Lanolin Wool Fat Shaving Soap with a dash of Citrus Kiss, a little experiment to see if I could take a little edge off the Hampshire.
Brush: Razorock HULK
Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
As I’ve come to find the Twig my go to daily driver if I’m short of time and in a rush, I can still get a 2 or 3 pass shave in with ease, today was no exception. The Hulk was a bit of a silly newbie buy, but it does work a treat when your in a rush, feels amazing and just what you need when you need a good Monday morning wake up call. As much as I love the Hampshire feel, lathering capabilities and way it leaves my skin feeling amazing the smell was a little much for me first thing on a Monday so thought why not add a little Citrus Kiss to the mix to lighten it a bit? It did take the edge off the Hampshire and still gave all the usual benefits. I know the Astra’s are somewhat frowned upon but always gave me a good and easy shave when starting out, and I now have a mountain to get through! Finished with alum and Baxter’s though barely needed it. It was great start to the week.
Some more soaps arrived today so looking forward to trying the Caties Bubbles Midnight Dreary tomorrow or another frankensoap with pinnacle’s Male as it gave me a slight reaction but I think a mix with the Hampshire will tame it! A0814D2F-A6FB-49C8-A005-0BA2B1BAD944.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom