Saturday 6th November to Friday 12th of November of 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD : 6th November 2021.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Minty & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Pearlman shaver's Spirit Shaving Soap.
Blade: Indian Gillette 7'oClock SP.( D1)
Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water Face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Swagger ASL./Cien Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend... Continuing with my month focusing on using the Parker 98r..like all of my parker razors it has a nice heft the long handle has a decent grip without the fear of it slipping when shaving, you get a great audio feedback....I must be honest and say my first few shaves with the 98r where not a pleasurable experience i found it quite big and awkward and thought i had bought it on impulse and was too aggressive for me and wasn't sure if it was for me, but with patience, learning my technique & gaining shaving confidence it became a razor which i felt comfortable to use...It's well balanced out enough between the razor head and handle and the hefty weight like all my Parker razors the weight is a bonus and has taught me to use the razor without adding hardly any pressure while shaving rewarding me with some sublime shaves.

Learning your technique & gaining shaving confidence is the key to comfortable error free shaves.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.

Last edited:
Sat 6 SR SOTD
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Zenith 28mm B14 Boar
Razor Dorko Solingen 43 Near Wedge
Aftershave The Goodfellas Smile Abysso
Awesome quality soap!!! Awesome scent...awesomely rich, creamy, and very slick lather!! Love this soap for sure
A very enjoyable shave with this excellent razor too!! Buttery smooth, very comfortable edge, and managed to be more efficient...just love the feel of the hefty wedge as it glides through the skin. 3+1passes for a fast-improving bbs/dfs/ccs finish. Aftershave was great too...

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 6th November 2021

Shave Score 9.8

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Croap: TOBS - Eton College
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: RR Gamechanger .84
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond (thanks to a good @Boycie83 tip) (1)
Post Shave ASL: TOBS - Eton College
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne/EDT: TOBS - Eton College

A great new blade today, left a FF/BBS shave, let’s see how it fares on shave 2 and 3.

Have a great weekend all.

Joe

Last edited:
06/11/21
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Lime
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - Feather Hi Stainless (2)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC

Straight on the blade window this morning, 2 passes and a touch up on the whirlpools for an easy BBS finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

SOTD: 06/11/2021

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3A
Blade: Feather Pro, 3rd use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: Dscosmetics Shaving Bowl
Prep: hower and PAA cube
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Apricity Croap
Aftershave: A&E Apricity Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I just love the scent in this soap but the lather was a little disappointing, whether it was my boar sucking it up or the new bowl I don’t know but I expected a little more from the Kaizen 2e base. Never had an issue with A&E before so I’m putting it down to me today, I’ll try it again in my normal bowl and with a synthetic brush later in the week. No matter the shave was great with my new hawk as expected, and the aftershave a delight.
Enjoy the weekend guys and gals!

Saturday November 6, 2021
Razor: Ever Ready Sun Ray Set
Blade: Gem
Brush: Trotter "Spalted"/Maggards 2 Band Badger
Soap: Zingari Man The Soloist
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Winter Reserve Small Batch Shave Tonic
Fragrance: Prada Luna Rossa Black
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,095

Well 3 years straight of consecutive daily shaves without missing a day................probably more but that's since I started documenting/counting. It's a mile marker but not really a big deal as it is enjoyable start to every day. Did a video just as a marker for it and to show the Ever Ready Set and "Spalted" Brush. The Maggards 26mm 2 Band was a joy 1st use and not a single shed hair. It's a bargain and I need more of them as backups for future brushes. Onto the Hillside with the chainsaw again today..............after some coffee and rum cake. Have a swell day everyone !!

Sat 6th November

Jayaruh Syn No67
Ach Brito Mogno
ATT SE1
Feather Proguard ( 1 )
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

I am glad that I have not sold this Razor on, it is really well made and delivers a superbly close all round Shave. There are those who think it a little harsh, but this problem can be overcome by using a guarded blade. Today with a fresh Feather PG I had a really excellent Shave.

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap, 4711 shower gel
Soap: Stirling Hipster
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (1)

After a couple of busy weeks, it's nice to be able to sit back and post an SOTD! Last of the Hipster - it also smelt a little "funky" in the pot so I'm happy it's gone. Plenty more in the cupboard at the mo. Gillette Super Blue right up there in my top three blades currently.

Come on Mike, that Mogno belongs in a tin.

Status
Not open for further replies.