Saturday 19th December to Friday 25th December 2020

Saturday 19th December

ACtC-3c-huGsAb68rL0NTMEGbEUpz6VMgk7GK0S7mgdHjK6UYEz6yYLMyOuRFm5hpXuYJT6X2ptwxoX3madBGcpUruqbnSWMAWRuJQCwY3XQWWKB16XK-1m0qt2gMd78SKnyzFZiTC0Rw8YlhXSTYmXi0n2Jkg=w1200

Wash with L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Ice Cool Face Wash
Lather up with Wickham's 1912 Club Cola & Yaqi Cola w/Synthetic 22mm
Single pass (2 day) shave with Merkur Progess & Lord Super Stainless Classic (3)
Hot rinse, cold rinse, alum wash & Brut Musk aftershave​

I define a "go to" blade as one which delivers the same expected performance in pretty much any razor, be it first, second or third (or beyond) shave. I have a small list that fit that bill for me: the SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium (8/10), the Rapira Platinum Lux (10/10) and the Treet Platibum (10/10). I have a number of other blades that I would call favourites, but they have specific behaviour in specific razors and/or whichever shave it is - that doesn't negate them, they're just not "go to" blades.

I have really enjoyed this Lord Classic and immediately pegged it as something special, for me. Granted, I've only used two blades and enjoyed a mere handful of shaves, but this blade rose from feeling quite special to one that I seriously suspect is a "to go" blade for me and trying it out in something quite different from my usual Gillette Tech and Tech-like razors most definitely put it on that path.

Just how highly do I rate this blade? Well, I had an arbitrary 9 against it as there's something I really enjoy about it. I've held it at 9 until tonight when I considered that I have enough experience with this blade to take the question mark of it. Looking at my ratings, I've got other blades like the PermaSharp Super or Treet's DuraSharp (the yellow pack carbon steel) at 9/10 and so I give the Lord Classic an 8.5/10 as it's not quite up at that level, but definitely a cut above, say, the Shark Super Stainless which I love and rate around 8/10.

In other news, having used a Merkur 37C quite a bit recently and joined it with the Progress, they deliver good enough shaves but they're not shaves that I'd describe as "my" sort of shaves. For that, I reach for the Gillette Tech and I think coming to the end of a year when I came back to DE shaving after a break of a good few years, that is a pretty fine conclusion to come to ... there, I said it, I'm a Gillette Tech kind of fellow.

... and so, the Lord Classic joins a very short list of "go to" blades for me and a slightly longer, but still pretty exclusive list of favourites. Great that I have reinforcements incoming.

Today's shave

1930s Gillette New short comb
Wilkinson Sword Blade
Cella Crema Sapone shaving Soap mashed into a Stef Baxter Lathering bowl for some face lathering fun
Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space synthetic brush
Old Spice Whitewater Aftershave lotion splash

Result BSS WTG

After Finding out that I‘m in level 4 lockdown (up from level 3) from midnight tonight, and all our Christmas plans are now shot to shit, I figured I'd have a shave to enjoy, enjoy your evening gentlemen, stay safe.

Good evening everyone.

Soap- Razorrock Mudder Focker
Razor- EJ 89
Blade- Nacet #6
Brush- Ex S Medium Jock
Post- Myrsol Emulsion
Splash- Mudder Focker

A pre football shave, the Argyle won 1-0.

I got the old ‘89 out this afternoon as I've not used it for a few months. Nice and easy with no dramas.
A couple of rough bits under the chin but I'll put that down to the blade on its 6th outing.
I got this soap and splash from Chris “Del boy” Boyce and I really like it, it performs well and the scent is right up my street.

On a side note Mrs Seaman and I have just returned from The Theatre Royal in Plymouth to watch the pantomime. We try to go to the theatre as much as we can but you could sense from the performers that they were generally touched that there was such support from the public to keep these places open. Les Dennis gave quite a touching “speech” at the end, it was nice to have a bit of normality in our lives and good to hear laugher.

Stay safe everyone!!

Regards

SOTD : 20th December 2020.

14.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Wilko Men's shave Oil.
Brush: Unbranded Chinese horsehair.
Face Lather.
Soap : Chinese Cologne Shaving Soap.
Blade: Mers: ~ Supershave X 'Snapped in 1/2'. (2)
Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./Duru ~ mandarin Cologne. / Aloe Vera Gel.

(Pre-Winter Solstice Shave)

Greetings,

A relaxing sunday morning shave.

The chinese cologne soap provided me with a wonderful protective lather in no time.

People are slightly wary of chinese shaving products of which i agree some i have avoided like the plague, as like many people i have been stung with some products in the past which have been for the want of better words, 'a dangerous pile of shite', but the two soaps i have purchased which are the Cologne & Blue's goat milk shaving soaps along with the Yaqi Katana & synthetic shaving brushes have been outstanding purchases...Even if the soaps don't show the ingredients i wouldn't hesitate to buy them again as they have performed superbly with no skin irritation issues or 'glowing in the dark' or have a developing extra eye in the middle of my forehead since i have started to use these shaving soaps...Another superb inexpensive shaving soap that performs way above it's price bracket.

A wonderful 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable/near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom