Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat
Razor: 6/8 Koraat B-II Near wedge - Cocobolo
Edge by: @Ulrik
Post shave: Alum, Cold water splash, TC Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: CK Be
Wk 52 1. Sat.JPG
A very nice shave with the Koraat "Meat Cleaver", 1 pass WTG and 1 Pass XTG/ATG Mix, leaving me with a DFS++ finish, the XTG ear to lip pass is starting to become more natural and the finish is getter much better.
The HWF for me is a wonderful soap, the main scent i get is Cedarwood with a hint of Patchouli and it is strong enough to be present throughout the shave, easy to lather and provides plenty of protection and Slickness.
No indication from the Alum and a nice post shave leaving me smiling from ear to ear.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

19/20/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat
Razor: 6/8 Koraat B-II Near wedge - Cocobolo
Edge by: @Ulrik
Post shave: Alum, Cold water splash, TC Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: CK Be
View attachment 62247
A very nice shave with the Koraat "Meat Cleaver", 1 pass WTG and 1 Pass XTG/ATG Mix, leaving me with a DFS++ finish, the XTG ear to lip pass is starting to become more natural and the finish is getter much better.
The HWF for me is a wonderful soap, the main scent i get is Cedarwood with a hint of Patchouli and it is strong enough to be present throughout the shave, easy to lather and provides plenty of protection and Slickness.
No indication from the Alum and a nice post shave leaving me smiling from ear to ear.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
A perfect description of The HWF soap..The Patchouli is a wonderful addition. Love the soap dish & 'Larry the Lamb' :love:... 'The lamb lies down,on Sunny Sunderland', waiting to be 'Fleeced' with the Koraat "Meat Cleaver"...Enjoy your weekend.
Yours.-Barry(y)

Last edited:
Pre - Shower / Face wash
Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - New Forest Silvertip
Razor - ESC Outlaw
Blade - Wilkinson (1)
Post - Old Spice AS followed with Moisturiser

I thought I'd loaded the brush with more then enough soap for a decent lather, yet I only just managed two and a bit passes. I do struggle with this soap. Usually works ok with my one and only synth brush, which I purchased after @Scotshave suggested I try one with this soap. It's harder than MWF. I think it was @Digimonkey that also struggled with a particular soap. I will echo Scotschave's suggestion of a synth brush as it did work for me.

Despite my lather woes, I managed two plus worse effected areas and ended up with a smooth shave. Perhaps the thinnish lather helps.
I never got on with TOBS Sandalwood soap. The cream in the tub, absolutely fine. But the soap made my face burn like hell.

Saturday 19 December 2020
Mid-afternoon - nothing much happening - except as I write this the latest Covid "Tier 4" restrictions are being announced for London/South-East - Christmas easing is more or less cancelled .....
But an excellent shave as usual with the Braveheart/Wilkinson combo - three days' growth, three passes, perfect - could only get coldish water for the shave but worked well regardless -:)
Prep: Shower - Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Razor: Braveheart
Blade: Wilkinson (white box)
Soap: Proraso Blue cream
After: Cold Water splash – Ajanta Alum – Autograph ASB

And some Japanese girlie's in there?
Oh - callow and uncouth Scouse person :) - the text is Tibetan - and that's a bloke on the cover - so - no Japanese girls - broaden your horizons - I can say from direct observation that Tibetan women can be very handsome - what they can't do with a yak or dzo isn't worth mentioning - I cannot speak to their proficiency with thrash metal and dressing up inappropriately. My mate and I went to Dharamsala and McLeod ganj - truly, was there ever a better place name? - with the intent of meeting the Dalai Lama - we're not Buddhists but just fancied it - on two separate trips - not the easiest places in the world to get to - and do you know what? The bastard was't there on either occasion - that's just rude. He did a gig in Glasgow shortly after our second attempt - so we didn't go - snubbed him. Ah - there is nothing like a Glaswegian for bloody-mindedness. - I.

He did a gig in Glasgow shortly after our second attempt

Was that as a support act to Otoboke Beaver when they played Glasgow?

Broaden my horizons? I would if I could find a Tibetan girlie metal band. But I can't. But I did find these ladies

And these chaps from Nepal

See, I do have culture

Saturday AM 2020-12-19
sBKFogg.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/50)
Penhaligon's Lords shaving soap (tallow)
LASSC BBS-1/Triad Aristocrat Black
Wilkinson London Bridge (9)
Dana Canoe aftershave (vintage)
I5J2EW1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom