View attachment 62740

Shave of the day 2nd January 2021

Razor - Feather AS-D2
Blade - Souplex
Soap - Figaro P.160
Brush - Wood handled barbers badger
Post - Thayers Astringent
Frag - Floris London - Leather Oud EDP

A lovely shave was had, the razor and blade combo really work for me and the barbers brush was a joy to use, very comfortable and it soon whipped up a super lather from the P.160 which was sadly discontinued a good while back.
I brought myself a few Floris frags over the Christmas period because of the wonderful sales that were on and today I used the fantastic Leather Oud which I like very much.
I've changed my shaving habits a little, some of you may remember I used a different razor and soap every day but now I tend to stick to one razor and soap for a week and I don't always shave every day, every two days is good enough for me unless I need to look extra sharp for an occasion.
So I will be posting my shave of the day picture once a week from here on in. :)

Until the next time, stay safe.

Paul.
Recognise the background - well modded up - good effort! ;) - I.

SOTD, 02 January 2021

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Kiehl's Facial Wash, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: The Gentleman's Groom Room - Essence of Scotland: Sweet Gale.
Brush: Shavemac 'The Flat Top' Silvertip.
Razor: Above the Tie - Calypso R1.
Blade: Gillette Platinum (New) (Day 4).
Post: Cold water splash, Clairn's Blue Orchid Oil, D. R. Harris Pink Aftershave, finished off with Kielh's Facial Fuel moisturiser.

A lovely 1 pass shave WTG - no issues to report, DFS finish.

A very enjoyable shave; decided on a single pass, which was simple and very relaxed - I enjoyed a single pass the other day and it felt , again, right today

Post shave the scent and moisturising effect of the Clairn's Oil smelt and felt great; the Pink Aftershave is a recent addition to the den - good stuff - kind on the skin - very light. The Kielh's Facial Fuel a decent protective layer, before a nice, sub-zero, walk.

All the best,

Chris

View attachment 62740

Shave of the day 2nd January 2021

Razor - Feather AS-D2
Blade - Souplex
Soap - Figaro P.160
Brush - Wood handled barbers badger
Post - Thayers Astringent
Frag - Floris London - Leather Oud EDP

A lovely shave was had, the razor and blade combo really work for me and the barbers brush was a joy to use, very comfortable and it soon whipped up a super lather from the P.160 which was sadly discontinued a good while back.
I brought myself a few Floris frags over the Christmas period because of the wonderful sales that were on and today I used the fantastic Leather Oud which I like very much.
I've changed my shaving habits a little, some of you may remember I used a different razor and soap every day but now I tend to stick to one razor and soap for a week and I don't always shave every day, every two days is good enough for me unless I need to look extra sharp for an occasion.
So I will be posting my shave of the day picture once a week from here on in. :)

Until the next time, stay safe.

Paul.

Paul, good to see you,

Chris

Sun 3rd SOTD
Soap Vanilla Sample
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor RazoRock G37
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Brandy Spice
Lather from the soap was a good enough performance. The scent was unlike any vanilla that I know...in fact, smells more like coconut. Shave with razor paired with the blade is really 1 of my top combo. Super smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs to dfs result. Excellent post & aftershaves. Rating 9.8/10
20210103_123132.jpg

SOTD : 3rd January 2021.

22.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Vie-Long Horsehair.
Face Lather.
Lather : Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Blade: Tiger Platinum. (2)
FrankenRazor: Schmidt R10 Handle./Yaqi DOC Razor Head.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./Dana ~English Leather ASL./Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Another wonderful 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

The Tiger Platinum blades to shave with paired together with the Yaqi DOC razor head was smooth and efficient, making the shave a pleasurable experience...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Henson mild; ASP
MÜHLE
Stylo 31H75
Stirling Naked Smooth
MÜHLE Aloe Vera after shave & mastiha water mix spray
Castle Forbes 1445 after shave balm

First shave with the Henson, and the razor proves to be a favourite.
The angle is a bit inconvenient down the neck, but when it cuts stubble you certainly feel it doing so.
The choice of 'mild' configuration was spot on for my skin, smooth and above all irritation-free.

May all of you have a healthy and prosperous 2021.

Sunday, 3 January 2021

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: DR Harris Lavender
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Futur (3.0, 2.5, 2)
Blade Astra Platinum (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris 89

It was a good way to start a Sunday morning; enjoy the rest of the weekend, folks.

03/01/21
Pre: Shower
Brush: Simpson Commodore X1
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: 6/8th Goedecke & Co "unrivalled extra hollow ground"
Edge By: @Tony'schin
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Proraso Red
Wk1  (2) Sun.JPG
A nice early Sunday morning shave with the Goedecke & Co "Mandarin"
Mostly cleared with the 1st pass and then some touch up for a DFS finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Sunday 3rd January
Cadman Custom - Monsavon - GEM SE 3D by Roger Quintero - GEM SSC#3 - Williams Aqua Velva A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20201226-112301170-HDR-01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom