Saturday 02th January to Friday 08th January 2021

So, why is there a FrankenStar if you like it less?

I wish they had used brass caps on them, that's their only flaw.

Fri 8th SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Barnegat Bay
Brush Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor Karve Brass SB-F plate
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 3rd
Post & aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman VIBR
Very nice soap. The scent is perfect, lather is thickly creamy and slick. Love the scent!
Shave with the more aggressive plate paired with the blade feels surprisingly good. Very smooth and comfortable for 3passes except during atg on the chin & upper lips requires to be extra careful. Otherwise no issues at all. The result was between bbs to dfs...not as efficient as the D plate...perhaps due to being more tentative of the extra blade feel. Excellent post & aftershaves. Rating 9.7/10

So, why is there a FrankenStar if you like it less?

I wish they had used brass caps on them, that's their only flaw.

The FrankenStar is my razor in work.
I keep my favourite razors at home as I can shave with my best creature comforts.
It's a good performer in its own right, it's just the Star with the correct handle “feels” right.

08/01/21
Vintage Month - Razor #08

Pre: Shower
Brush: Razorock 400 Syn
Soap: Palmolive stick / Maca Root Superlather
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable H3 (4,4,3)
Blade: NOS Stainless Perma-sharp Supreme (1)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Proraso Red

I did enjoy that!
Plenty of lather mixed in the Captains Choice bowl, the RR4 really is a lather monster.
I am pretty sure these stainless blades are uncoated but they are really smooth for me.
3 full passes for a comfortable BBS finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Fri 8th January

Muhle Silvertip A 21mm
Ach Brito Mogno
Occams Enoch
Schick Proline ( 7 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

I am so glad that I persevered with the Enoch, as originally I preferred the hefty Hiram Commander. Then I suddenly clicked with it, and now have had 10 consecutive no hassle Shaves all with a decent quality finish. I reckon it ranks amongst the most dependable of my SE Razors, both Modern or Vintage.It is so capeable as it works well on the upper lip/ chin, and is excellent working around the neck.

Friday 8th January

Cream - Simpsons Peppermint & Rosemary
Brush - Simpsons Colonel Best Badger
Razors - Feather Artist Club SS (1st two passes), Merkur Progress (3rd clean up pass)
Blades - Feather Pro Guard & Gillette Nacet
Balm - TOBS Jermyn Street

Day two with the straight razor & another blood-free shave, better than yesterday & finished off with a clean-up pass with the Progress. A smooth close result, happy!

8 January

PAA Solstice
Razorock Bruce
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Personna med prep
Nivea 2 Phase asl
Dior Sauvage

I had a very pleasant two pass shave this morning. The PAA Solstice is quite a thirsty soap, but what a lather when properly hydrated! The Ikon razor gave a close and comfortable shave with the Personna med prep blade. A good start to the day.

The shave with the theme 'Brass monkeys'

Cheeky monkey - Brass Colonial
Monkey business - Feather Super Professional
Monkey puzzle - Yaqi Dandelion
Barrel of monkeys - Extro Arancia soap
Monkey tree - Extro Arancia splash
Spanking the monkey - All the time

Oh how the cold weather has set in. I was passed down the street this morning by three monkeys asking if I had seen their bollocks?

This was actually yesterday's shave but life and everything else got in the way so a bit of a delayed entry. Or at least that is my excuse. To be honest this past week was a bit of a pig as this darned Covid saw a number of crews down so ended up having to cover for quite a lot of absentees. Usually I manage a bit of free time to scribble away some useless drivel, but not this past week. But, here I am, a week off, a lock down and enough spare time at the moment to torture you endlessly.

The one thing I really love about SE razors (other than their superiority) is the longevity of the blades. I don't know how many this particular Super Pro has seen but I am guessing well in excess of 15 and it still soldiered on. I finally disposed of it as I want to try Schicks again, so more through boredom and a change is as good as a rest than an end of its life thing. Despite its unknown life it still managed to turn in an amazing performance. Three full passes to shave paradise and enough lather left from the never ending jar of Extro to see a damn good buffing. An absolute blinder of a shave and up there with the rest of my 'Great shaves in life'.

Honest if anyone wants a great orange scent and a bloody marvelous soap I do highly recommend the Extro Arancia. A truly wonderful soap with every quality you could ever wish for. The Dandelion? The best £20 you could ever spend on shaving.

Throw on some good old basic Nivea moisturiser, a walloping of the Arancia aftershave splash and this is shaving heaven. Or at least on the staircase (if you've gone out and bought one)

https://giphy.com/14wwO4Fypd3fxK
And what fine maidens there are to be found on this staircase

have a most bodacious weekend all you razorteers and may everyone, your families your friends and whoever be safe, healthy and well. I love you all

I couldn't find any Monkey related Japanese girly music but here have the closest I can get. Grab yourselves some Pink Panda