S.O.T.D. Saturday 7th January to Friday 13th January 2017

Razor: Gillette Black Tip X 3 1952
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (1)
Brush: Whipped Dog Silvertip Black/White Marble Handle
Soap: Route 66 Rum Runner
Aftershave: Floid Aftershave
This is a horrible shave brush. The marble handle has little marble, and the knot is a disaster. I switched to a Ever Ready 100 T I had curing on top of the a cabinet for the final 2 passes.
8 01 17.jpg

Sunday Evening

Soap - Tabac Original
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth.
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 1914 w/whole shim
Blade - Gem Personna
Post - Thayer's and Proraso M&E a/s

A noticeable improvement on yesterday's first outing with the 1914. A whole shim behind the blade spine holds it securely, resulting in a DFS. A good razor, but a wee bit rough. I think this is one that will perform better with a few days growth. Still a keeper, though; and I enjoyed experimenting with the shimming.
20170108_204342.jpg

Sotd 08/01/2017

31352626034_161838110e_b.jpg

pre: hot water - proraso red
shaving soap: Lea shaving soap classic
Brush: omega 48
razor: Muhle R41 rose gold - astra green
after shave: wilkinson Classic

Morning gents,

Last night's shave pic below. 4th outing for the B-V3. Two days of growth to get through, the notso comb with the Schick blade on its 4th outing loaded.

A shave before bed so 1912 Cashmere soap as I think it's a calming scent, along with the second outing for my recently acquired Shavemac 386. This is my first true fan brush and I'm enjoying it. Still need to think of a name for her!

A drama free two pass shave, with very good results. No weepers, no nick, no irritation which seems to be the theme with this razor! I have found, for whatever reason, that it takes me a little longer to finish my two passes than with other razors. Even though the angle is intuitive and I don't have a problem finding it, it does seem to lead to me taking my time a little more. With continuous use I'm sure this would become less of a problem.

A great shave!

img_20170108_224737-01-jpeg.6680

Mon 9th Jan

RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
P & B Spitfire
Gem OCMM
Gem S/S ( 3 )
Alum Rub / Rinse off
Tabac A/S lotion

Nice outing with this nice brass OC, without the dimples on the plate. If you get this Razor right, I feel sure that it delivers a Shave as good as any other SE going the rounds, and that includes the modern ones that I have used ( Claymore, Supply & General ).
Today was no exception, exceedingly smooth and close all round, no mishaps or irritation.
151018504f0e95472840c19a3f98f459.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
DSC_0398_zpskdgxlg6t.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Warranted Superior Sheffield 6/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Am Having a Wee Run with My Sheffield SRs..I had a Nice Wee Morning Shave with My Warranted Superior Sheffield 6/8th Near Wedge..Quite an Old SR this One with Bone Scales..A Very Comfortable & Close Shave Today..o_O

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom