SOTD
Pre: Hot Shower
Soap: Stache Soap Works E Barber
Razor: Merkur 37C
Brush: Omega S-Brush
Blade: Zorrik Super Platinum (1)
A/S: Stache Soap Works E Barber
Balm: Stache Soap Works E Barber
Another good shave. The Zorrik blades in the 37C were super smooth and nice and sharp.

IMG_4214.JPG

Last edited:
Schick I1 with vintage twins

611f4ab8de2b3e9ea524435d10b49863.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Monday AM 2017-01-16

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle
Paladin Falstaff
Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving soap (tallow)
Feather AS-D2/Triad Corinthian
Wilkinson Light Brigade (8)
Floris Santal aftershave

The Falstaff has a little more backbone than the Chief and has very soft tips. It is quite similar to a Chubby 1 or Stubby 1 and feels just a little too small in my hand. The AoS soap made excellent lather, somewhat less metallic in fragrance than vintage C&E Sandalwood.
mNKJQnw.jpg

Razor: Gillette Black Beauty w/case R-2 1971
Blade: Personna 74* Tungsten Plus (2)
Brush: EverReady 100 T w/ Tuxedo knot
Soap: Route 66 Frozen Margarita
Aftershave: Route 66 Frozen Margarita

Andrew (@Linuxguile at TSD) had suggested that the Tuxedo knot might look good in the EverReady handle. I think he was right. A great 3 passes with a clean up for a very near BBS.
16 01 17a.jpg

Evening gents,

Tonight was my first shave with the Colonial General. I've been eagerly anticipating this razor having ordered the black head and handle along with the silver head. I used the black full razor tonight, it's a lovely looking razor, the best of all my modern razors for sure. Not a blemish on it, feels very comfortable in the hand, a lovely razor design.

As it was my first shave with a new razor, I went with a brush and soap that I know deliver. 1912 Cashmere and my "Black Beauty" Shavemac ATG Unique bulb. I loaded the razor up with a Feather Pro that I'd used once previously. I had four days growth to mow through and I wasn't sure if the General would be up for it considering it's a milder SE. The first pass, this was partly found to be true, I've got quite a coarse beard and it did struggle a little in the tougher areas. That isn't to say it wasn't getting the job done, it was just a little tuggy in those areas. Second pass was much smoother and much easier though which is what I expected. I obviously need a few more shaves with it, but I'm confident this razor is a winner. I won't shave with it when I have a few days growth again, probably a maximum of two days, but it was a great first shave considering. No irritation, no weepers and a nice smooth finish. Really happy with the purchase!

img_20170116_220645-01-jpeg.6989

SOTD: 17th January 2017.
C.Tuesday shave..JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Radox Fennel & Sea Minerals For Men shower gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor: Merkur 34C.

Blade: Super-Max Super Platinum .(new)

Brush: Unbranded Chinese Horsehair.

soap: Nivea Men (originals) Cream. + 4 drops of Glycerine in the mixing bowl.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil/Witch Hazel Mixture./Brut Attraction Totale A/S.

Morrisons Enrich Aloe Moisture Lotion.

It's been a while since i last used my 34C,..the Super-Max Super Platinum blade combo worked brilliantly, giving me another 3 pass + pick up shave with no errors to report.Enjoy your day,gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom