S.O.T.D. Saturday 11th April to Friday 17th April 2015

dodgy said:
782sirbrian said:
Gillette Aristocrat 15

Sigh, that was a razor I really tried to like but no dice. Years ago a forum member was nice enough to offer a test drive. Great looking design and rhodium to boot. Balance was fine and it felt good in my hand. The weight adds a positive bit also.

Just a little too aggressive for an enjoyable shave. One fewer insistent monkeys to deal with though.

Very purty thang, Brian.
I still reckon the #22/66 set would be right up your street, Martin. Possibly the #16 if the right one came along - although I think I recall that you've had a go on that. Both are better looking than the #15/21 and noticeably milder too!

dodgy said:
782sirbrian said:
Gillette Aristocrat 15

Sigh, that was a razor I really tried to like but no dice. Years ago a forum member was nice enough to offer a test drive. Great looking design and rhodium to boot. Balance was fine and it felt good in my hand. The weight adds a positive bit also.

Just a little too aggressive for an enjoyable shave. One fewer insistent monkeys to deal with though.

Very purty thang, Brian.

Thanks Martin :thumbs_up:
I like the razor efficient and as you say a good looker.
It was a bit rough when I got it, I had it replated last year.

IMG_0023.JPG

Hot Bath ... ahhhh
De Vergulde Hand Shaving Soap
Mohawk 5-341 PurTech
Henckels Rapide & Feather Hi-Stainless (3)
Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Aftershave Cologne

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & WTG (Slide)

I'm going to say this is not as good as the Wilkinson Sword Roller Safety Shaver which lent its design to this razor, but I'll have to check ... and so the Wilko is lined up for my next shave.

Good razor, nevertheless and one that will certainly rise in my collection, I'm sure.

Wickhams SS Bay Rum
Omega 49
37c
NOS Gillette Super stainless [?]
Adidas Pure Game AS
Gillette Moisturiser

Pushed this blade 1 shave to far I think, a little rough, but decent finish in the end.

gillette disposable 2 blade blue plastic thing
speick soap and a/s
isana boar brush

quick and easy. this razor is great - it's one of my travel razors, i've been using it occasionally for over a year now - must have a dozen or more shaves under it's belt

2zzpzza.jpg

Today, a real "deluxe" spanish shave!: full Álvarez Gómez products paired with Vie&Long horn silvertip + Filomatic razor & blades

A shame that Filomatic stuff was discontinued, though...

Cheers!

Saturday

Evening, everybody.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJDE89
Blade: Gillette Super Thin (1)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave cream: Super Max Classic
Aftershave: Stetson Sierra
Cologne: Stetson Sierra

Up a little late this morning and had a quick dry shave. Used my Secret Santa razor and a Feather DE. One WTG and one XTG and had more than a passable smooth shave.
(Thank you again Santa!)

SOTN - Saturday evening
Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: Boellis Panama
Brush: Paladin PK-47 2-band
Razor: Mongoose Satin w/Dr. Bomber handle
Blade: Kai Mild (1)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel, followed by Pitralon Swiss & Village Barber balm
Arrived home safe from our Florida holiday. Unpacked and exhausted. Time to clean off all this travelling grime/scruffiness. Nothing says relaxation like a long hot shower followed by a slow zen-like shave with a fresh blade. Bliss!

Prep: hot shower
Brush: New Forest knot in a vintage barbers handle
Razor: German Garanti with a fancy back + GEM Micromatic (for head)
Soap: Nannys Lemon
AS: Mennen
Result: Very clean indeed :D

Sun 12th April 2015

Omega 11137 Boar
Mitchells Wool Fat Soap - face lathered
Ever Ready Streamline
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Woods of Windsor A/S Balm
Myrsol Antesol A/S

DFS on First use of blade. Ready for 1924 Anniversary tomorrow.

Old Spice day, I was fortunate enough to get hold of some of the Indian OS shaving cream and AS.

Hot shower
Original OS cream
Bodyshop synthetic brush
Apollo slant on Redhorseman handle
Rapira Swedish Supersteel (2)
BOOBS
Nivea ASB
Indian OS AS

Nice.

Back
Top Bottom