S.O.T.D. Saturday 11 th June to Friday 17th June 2016

Monday 13th June 2016

Shavemac Silvertip FAN 24x48; Martin de Candre Fougère; Oneblade Razor; Feather FHS (#1); Meissner Tremonia - Gentle Menthol; Santa Maria Novella - Emulsione Analcolica.
322bcc98e38d7500ddc733e07d329ace.jpg

Best regards!

SOTD 13/06/16
BACK TO BASICS.

Pre: long hot shower
Merkur 34G - my first DE razor and a gift from my wife.
New found friend - Parma Sharp
Tabac my favourite soap
My old friend - Semougue 2000 boar brush
My 40 years love affair with Paco Rabanne

An extremely smooth and efficient shave to begin the week. What else does a man need?

View attachment 19052

Merkurologist, is the Paco Rabanne an EdT or an aftershave splash?

SOTD - 13th June
Pre: Shower and NSS Old Grey Bristle Test Coconut Milk Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Muhle R41 / R89
Blade: Voskhod (2) / Voskhod (2)
Brush: Simpson Case Pure Badger
Soap: P&B Denali

Today I had a great shave with the P&B Denali soap (final test version). The lather was superb. It gave me good protection, cushion and glide. After every rinse it was cool and refreshing. For me it was the right amount of menthol, eucalyptus and peppermint. This is a very nice soap for a hot summer while shaving. Can't wait to buy the final version of this soap.

Eveningshave Monday 13. June

Pre-Shave: O4
Soap: Stirling Scots Pine Sheep, scuttled.
Brush: Stirling Plissy 24x51
Razor: Gillette Rocket with PermaSharp (1)
Aftershave: Speick Man
Aftershae Balm: Speick Man

First shave with a Rocket.
A Mild razor that leaves the skin irritation free. I gave up after three passes.
It is not very aggressive, and not efficient enough if you want to remove every little thing feelable atg. But it draws no blood either, so for everyday shavers with normal beard I can imagine that was a good choice back in the 1950's - and still is today!

Speick ASL always leaves my skin dry, so i had to apply some Speick AfterShave Balm as well.

61545201b786be8094e0f1fe669da913.jpg

Cheers, Olaf

Back
Top Bottom