image.jpg SOTD
Pre: Bloom Water
Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Treet Carbon (2)
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Soap Commander Courage
Balm: Soap Commander Courage
A/S: Jovan Musk
A real nice Sunday shave. The Soap Commander Courage soap is a fantastic slick soap with a beautiful cologne type scent and a post shave feel that is hard to beat, along with the balm which has a nice little hit of menthol to finish it off.

Pre: NSS Old Grey Bristle Test Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat Junior
Blade: Nacet (1)
Brush: Zenith 27mm Synthetic
Soap: Vitos Green (face lathered)

Two days worth of growth dealt with no problem. It's the first time I've tried a Nacet in the Aristocrat Junior. Not only does the heavy baseplate silence what is usually a very 'noisy' blade, but it also shaves very well too. A combination to note for future reference. The Vitos provided a very slick and cushioned accompaniment.

9fe818089b1b2777958efb034d8d8c6d.jpg

Last edited:
Hot Bath Followed by Cold Shower
Proraso pre
Haslinger Calendula
Hone T15
Polsilver SI [1]
Aqua Velva AS
Beckham Instinct Sport EDT

Thought I'd revisit the Hone after falling out of love a few weeks back.
3 and a bit passes and I'm left DFS with ZERO AS sting... I'm still very tempted to get eh Hone Top Cap polished as I think it would aid slip with ATG strokes - as I feel it drags a little.. It is still a work at art though!

View attachment 19042 SOTD
Pre: Bloom Water
Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Treet Carbon (2)
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Soap Commander Courage
Balm: Soap Commander Courage
A/S: Jovan Musk
A real nice Sunday shave. The Soap Commander Courage soap is a fantastic slick soap with a beautiful cologne type scent and a post shave feel that is hard to beat, along with the balm which has a nice little hit of menthol to finish it off.

Is that a long handle Progress Kevy? I have had a short handle and Digress, but found them too ... short. :confused:

Sun 12th June

Omega 11137 Boar
La Toja Cream
Schick I 1 Injector
Schick S/S Twin [ Japan- 5 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
La Toja A/S Lotion

A somewhat unsuccessful shave ,whilst everything seemed to go smoothly the final finish was quite patchy.
Am wondering if the use of a twin blade with a cream, tended to clog up the razor though I rinsed it frequently. Seem to think that is why I had not rushed back to using it after the last outing.

View attachment 19031

Is this the sensitive cream?

Cheers, Olaf

L'occitane Cade cream
Semogue 830
DDR lightweight plastic DE
Astra SP (3)
Aqua Di Gio
Cocoa butter

I've got maybe one or 2 more shaves worth of the cream left before the tubes emptied and I still can't figure out if I like the scent or not? Definitely a French lavender scent but maybe a little pungent for me? Never the less a great lather and post shave feel.

Rocket HD
Rapira Plat
Commodore X1
SV 70th
SV 70th ASL

First bit of Rocket action in a couple of months - hello ol' pal. The SV is very nice, despite a hesitant start when I originally got a sample, however once I sussed it out, its a very good performer. The ASL is best described as either a very runny balm or very thick AS, either way it works. Nice.

Back
Top Bottom