S.O.T.D. Sat 26th Jan to Frid 1st Feb 2013

Friday02- 01-13. MUSIC: Weather Report_LP Heavy Weather.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n-iCSz6rug[/video]

Afeitado_2013-02-015-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby best badger - Feather all stainless - Polsilver #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Geo F. Trumpers Coconut - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Massimo Dutti - ASL Massimo Dutti.

John said:
Gairdner said:
Sorry to hear about the Mrs falling. You'll get her next time, eh John? :icon_razz:

5 hours in A&E! I thought 3 hours up here was bad...:icon_eek:

:icon_lol: she's most lucky it was only five flights she went down if I had my way she'd go through a window:icon_razz:

Now now, what kind of crazy talk is that? Think of the perks, young man, the perks! :D

I hope she's not badly wounded!

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, menthol
NF Tubby 1 brush, TOBS Sandalwood cream
Gillette Slim (setting #4), Perma-sharp (1)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave healer

DFS and irritation-free. The perma-sharps still in my top 3 blades.
Haven't used the Slim for a bit and it felt great... but a few too many touch-ups required... might hutch it up to a #5 tomorrow and see what happens

Friday 1st

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Palmolive stick grated into plasic tub and scuttle lathered
Simpsons 59 best brush
Ikon OC + Permasharp (2) pass 1&2
Weber POL bulldog handle + Gillette 7 oclock black (1) pass 3 and touchup
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Boots original bay rum

Lovely smooth shave today :icon_biggrin:
Trying a two razor shave the Ikon is a lovely razor but not as smooth as the Weber which is my current favourite. The Palmolive soap makes a rich lather warm from the scuttle.

Brian

Prep: Hot Flannel
Soap: Cade
Brush: M&F Blonde Badger
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
A/S: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Weleda After Shave Balm
EDT: Penhaligon's Opus 1870

Needed the Slim set at 3 today to recover from a poor shave the day before...

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: M&F
Razor: SUPREME by B. Worth and sons in Sheffield
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: Dr Harris Sandalwood
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Close to uberclean :D

Shaves me well, but somehow she doesn't "speak" to me, this big ol Sheffield lass :D
0181024x733_zpsd9d48839.jpg

WiffWaff said:
John said:
Yesterday Mrs J Fell down some stairs, and has managed to damage her arm but we won't know if its a fracture until tomorrow when after 5 hours in the A&E we get to go to the fracture clinic for further investigation tomorrow:s:mad:

Sorry to hear about that... make sure they have a proper look at the x-ray. When I fell over and broke my foot a few years ago, they rather missed the fact that I actually had a fracture. After three weeks of agony I was grudgingly sent along to the fracture clinic...

Cheers bud,we went to the fracture clinic to day for the follow up,and still they can't decide if there is a fracture there or not as thay can't see any thing on the X-ray :huh: So after all this crap we have to go back in 3 weeks time, Just like you :mad: Mrs J is stubborn /tough but doesn't like hospital's, personally I don't think it's fractured as when we got into dartford she insisted we go shopping......Shopping for fucks sake,what hast to happen to them to stop them fucking shopping...a browning .50 cal, jeez I give up.

Today's shave

Merkur 37C slant Bar
Wilkinson sword Blade
Kent BK8 Brush
NSS Scotch pine

Results BSS WTG

Mikael said:
John said:
Gairdner said:
Sorry to hear about the Mrs falling. You'll get her next time, eh John? :icon_razz:

5 hours in A&E! I thought 3 hours up here was bad...:icon_eek:

:icon_lol: she's most lucky it was only five flights she went down if I had my way she'd go through a window:icon_razz:

Now now, what kind of crazy talk is that? Think of the perks, young man, the perks! :D

I hope she's not badly wounded!

Thanks bud,No I don't think she is badly wounded just sprained / brused even the fracture clinic can't find sod all in the X-ray.

Prep: Cold Water Splash
Razor: English NEW LC / Weber Bulldog
Blade: Voskhod Teflon (2)
Brush: Neep 26mm Extra Silvertip
Soap: MWF
AS: Speick Splash

2 pass cold water face lather shave as normal.

Nice shave from the NEW LC head, not as aggressive as the FaTip head on this handle.

Blade seems good in both my DLC and NEW LC.

Friday 1st February

Hot Shower and Facial Scrub
Shavex Brushless cream
Ford & Medley 333 5/8 razor
Semogue SOC 2012SE Boar/Badger Brush
Nanny's Nutmeg Spice Soap
Myrsol Agua Balsamica
Organic Shea Butter
Yardley Citrus & Wood EDT
Morgans Classic Pomade
Brian's Own (Moustache Wax)

A Touchup for the razor......25 laps on diamond felt. 50 laps on Felt,50 on Latigo, and 50 on Bridle leather. A super smooth and close 3 pass shave to start the weekend!

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Kinfolks Blue Steel Special, 5/8"
Brush: New Forest High Mountain Badger
Soap: D R Harris almond
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Rosewood

Rather nice. I always intend to use creams with this brush, but as so often I forgot.

Saturday Feb 2
- It's Groundhog Day!

• Rubber-handled Omega Boar
    Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf
    SE blade
    Vulfix Old Familiar Persian Musk cream
    Thayers' Rose witch hazel
    Floid Suave mentolado AS

Two passes over a few days worth of growth and bonny results, wot ho!

Still feeling as rough as a badgers arse. Am on antibiotics at the moment. This is definitely the worst bout of illness I've had in over a decade.

To that end I had to force myself to have a shave, though it did make me feel a bit better.

Aristo #16
Supermax Blue Diamond (1)
Simpsons Chubby 1 in best
Wilkie soap stick
Witch hazel
Wilkie AS balm

A few little nicks. One side effect of this illness seems to be my skin in much drier than normal and seems much more prone to cutting,

Overall a decent shave though.

Saturday 02-02-13. MUSIC: King Crimson_LP In The Court Of The Crimson King.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjIpU9cV2ac[/video]

Afeitado_2013-02-027-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Rodney Neep soapstone extra silvertip - Gillette Fatboy - Polsilver #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Tabula Rasa Koriander & Bergamotte - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Castle & Forbes Lime - ASL Honeybee Gardens Key Lime.

Back
Top Bottom