Razor: GEM Micromatic OC
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Cream: La Toja Sensitive
Aftershave: La Toja Balm

A very nice shave.

Regards Dick.

DSC03828.JPG

What's the La Toja cream like? I've the Sensitive and Regular waiting in the nook and I have high hopes for them. So far, I haven't found a cream to match Speick.

This morning - a break from the Fatboy:

Weber Polished
7oc SharpEdge (3)
Semogue 1520 boar
Cella, face lathered
Witch hazel
Proraso Aftershave balm
Diptyque Philosykos edp

Kropp 5/8"
New Forest Tubby 1 finest silver tip in Tigris Perla
Vitos Extra Super Shaving Soap - Coconut
Witch Hazel
Surrati Black Aoud

Just what I needed on a snowy Saturday

Saturday:

Tabac
Semogue 2012 SE
Long Comb New/Weber bulldog
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Witch Hazel
TOBS Mr. Taylor's AS
Nivea Skin Energy Balm

Perfect shave. Totally smooth and comfortable.

Burgundy said:
What's the La Toja cream like? I've the Sensitive and Regular waiting in the nook and I have high hopes for them. So far, I haven't found a cream to match Speick.

This morning - a break from the Fatboy:

Weber Polished
7oc SharpEdge (3)
Semogue 1520 boar
Cella, face lathered
Witch hazel
Proraso Aftershave balm
Diptyque Philosykos edp

The La Toja cream is really good, I can't tell the difference in performance between the standard and the sensitive (but I don't have sensitive skin) to be fair it's no better than palmolive cream just different with that strange 'sharp peppery?' La Toja scent.

I only have Speick stick, I have not tried the cream but the stick IMHO is one of the best performing soaps made.

Regards
Dick.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded Simpsons best
1958 Executive/Wilkinson Super Sword Edge (NOS)
J. Peterman 1903 SC
Malizia vetyver AS
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

Offhand I can't recall a more enjoyable shave. Nice change to the Gillette after some serious neglect and this blade pairs up well to offer the kinda experience you're sorry to see end. Heh, had me thinking about doing a 5th pass just for the hell of it, which is a little nuts.

The Peterman stuff is one of the few creams in the rotation. Really classy fragrance and much better than average overall performance. Worth trying if you get the chance.

BBS results,

Martin

Shower / Floid oil pre shave / SWK XL scuttle / Merkur 45 Bakelite / Polsilver Blade #5 / Semogue 2040HD / Latoja cream / floid Suave

Attachments

• 26-1-2013.JPG
    26-1-2013.JPG
    360.7 KB · Views: 23
Saturday 26th
sotd26113.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Trumpers coconut hard soap scuttle lathered
Simpsons POLO 8 best brush
Merkur progress short handle
Rapira platinum lux (1)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Boots original bay rum

Smooth comfortable shave. The Progress is more agressive on one side than the other :icon_confused: and the head is lined up properly with the arrow.

Brian

Saturday 01-26-13. MUSIC: Big Country_LP The Crossing.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZrl87fMg20[/video]

Afeitado_2013-01-262-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Rodney Neep extra silvertip - Merkur 25C - Red Personna #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream The Art of Shaving Sandalwood - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB GFT Skin Food Sandalwood - ASL Honeybee Gardens Florida.

Afternoon, gents.

Saturday:

Prep: Soap and Glory face wash
Razor: EJ DE89 head with an iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: German Wilkinson Sword (1)
Brush: Ecotools Bamboo Finishing Kabuki brush
Shave cream: Super Max Ultimate
A/S: Brut
Cologne: Brut, and plenty of it!

Saturday

A final shave with the AS-D1 to help me decide whether to keep it or not. I haven't used it for a while so I was interested to see how I found it. I know everyone says it is really mild, but I have never found the fact it is mild something that stops it shaving well.

I got a good 3 pass shave from it today but really feel it is time to let it go to a home where it will be used on a more frequent basis. Well maybe..

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Neep 29mm Aztec
Soap: Nannys Ice and a Slice
Razor: Feather AS-D1
Blade: Personna Red
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum

IMG_0266_zps6c21bfd6.jpg

Today's Shave

sotd26.jpg

Merkur VISION ( The King Tiger Tank )
Wilkinson Sword Blade
Kent BK8 Brush
NSS Citrus Zinger Shaving Soap

Result BSS

My God, I've let the Bosh out the box,and its going on the rampage......My Bad:blush:

Cold shower
Proraso pre/post
Merkur 37c w/ Astra
Simpsons Luxury shaving cream
M&F blonde badger
Steve's Bay Rum
Proraso ASB

Well, the shave was almost as good as usual (with an exception of a couple of tiny nicks), but the cream did not impress me a slightest bit, to put it mildly. Despite of the claims of "1 year of R&D" and all, it performs like any Creighton's cream - no better, and smells of BS Maca Root (which I kinda like, luckily), just double the price. Shame, I had somewhat high hopes of it.

Back
Top Bottom