Recommend a first soap

I live near Cheshire Oaks and their outlet shop do three pucks for £16.50 I think it was - I can pick some up for you if you're interested as I'm probably going back soon as a few on here seem very into their balms etc so I want to go see what I've been missing out on.

MWF for me - Yorkshire made.

It can be tricky to lather with our hard water in York but if you look at Antdad's excellent lathering tutorial you'll have no problem. Bit of Proraso or Olive Oil for pre-shave and I get a great shave.

Thanks mate, I did have a look at that and must say I was tempted, even more so as it's a Yorkshire product.

I've tried the palmolive a few times now and don't think I'm getting enough product on the brush after reading Chris' post above. Will have to try again.

dantheman said:
Thanks mate, I did have a look at that and must say I was tempted, even more so as it's a Yorkshire product.

I've tried the palmolive a few times now and don't think I'm getting enough product on the brush after reading Chris' post above. Will have to try again.

You really need to see the proto-lather filling the brush up to around halfway to the handle before you transfer to a bowl or your face.

chrisbell said:
dantheman said:

You really need to see the proto-lather filling the brush up to around halfway to the handle before you transfer to a bowl or your face.

load the brush for a min before applying

Back
Top Bottom