Really peed off...

Police will do fook all..Had local scrote family run over the roof of me car and despite having 3 witnesses and footmarks all over the car that would of matched the shoes the scrote was still wearing the coppers did nothing..

Theres alot of this stuff happening becuase of these new UPVC doors you know.
Been a spate of it locally where people come home and close the door behind em - and being the new type they dont lock.. you have to physically lock them yourself.
People wander up, try the door - if it opens then they have a quick look right by the door where half the householders of the country leave their car keys.
BANG - gone.

Frankly i think nicking anything is low - pram / push chair just a new level of low.
It was, a bit silly leaving it in an unlocked porch, but then who hasnt left a door or window open by accident before - happens to all of us. (Not so much me as i have door checking OCD..).

Im also lucky as i live in a Cul-de-Sac so you dont get people 'just passing'.. anyone wandering around outside gets the curtains twitching but good.

Would seem that a lot of domestic theft is by chance, give them the chance and they’ll have it.

It wouldn’t take long for it to get around those sorts of circles that something of value (double buggy) can be had quite easily without having to make too much noise.

I know things are tight at the moment, but building and contents insurance can be got rather competitively if you look around and in hindsight it probably would have been cheaper than the buggy.

Still a right shitty thing to do though.

Well, daughter, hubby and 4 children are now safely in Fueteventura, where hopefully the sunshine will chill them out and help them to stop being owned by their possessions and displaying their value systems by being very upset by losing the only way to reasonably easily transport their two youngest. :lol: :lol: :lol: The two oldest boys will be having a very memorable holiday, as apparently topless sunbathing is going on all over the place!!

I will certainly be having a word with them about taking out insurance when they return. I don't know what the problem was with the old McLaren buggies that were like two deck chairs and just needed a couple of swift kicks to fold up to a very reasonably size, and were also very light to carry. I never saw a child who developed a hunchback due to them. These modern things are built like tanks, which makes folding it up to put it in the house a real pain, and they're also much more expensive in real terms. Luckily they still have a single buggy (not twins, just very close in age), so the toddler is going to be doing an awful lot of toddling for a while.

soapalchemist said:
... so the toddler is going to be doing an awful lot of toddling for a while.

Does 'em no harm - my lad quit his pushchair at 12 months because he always wanted to be either walking himself or on my shoulders. No more hassle than a pushchair IMO - rucksack to carry stuff and no arsing on waiting for lifts and thinking your way around stairs and escalators.

I'm sure it won't do the toddler any harm, but I'm thinking about my daughter who will be going around pushing a single buggy and dragging around a toddler who will after not too long want to be picked up. Not to much of a problem when she's on holiday with her husband, but it's going to make going anywhere on her own pretty difficult when they get back. Unless Ranger's is waiting by their front door with the stolen buggy. :D

RB73 said:
I know things are tight at the moment, but building and contents insurance can be got rather competitively if you look around and in hindsight it probably would have been cheaper than the buggy.

Still a right shitty thing to do though.

I lost a baby travel-system (buggy / car-seat thing) almost 10 years ago from a locked flat stairwell. Ex couldn't carry the baby plus the tank of a thing up 5 flights to our top-floor flat by herself, so she'd leave it for me to bring up when I got home from work. Sadly, we used to have the local scrotes (about 8 or 9 years old) frequently buzzing and claiming to be "visiting their aunt who wasn't answering, so could they be let in". Some idiot fell for it and did - £120 of buggy (bought for us by parents) gone in minutes. The insurance refused to pay up because a locked stairwell wasn't 'a secure location'.

So, even if Sharon's daughter HAD cover, she'd likely still be out of pocket as the insurance would claim the buggy wasn't secured. Sad but true.

Yes, I thought that about insurance to. We all do things every day I'm sure like leave our mobiles lying around etc. etc. where if we were unfortunate enough to be the victim of a theft we would know we only had ourselves to blame. But then again it's no fun going through life fearing the worst all the time either.

Going to the police is the only thing you can do. Blaming anyone without proof can be a dangerous line to take. Tell the police about your suspicions, above that say nothing more. It is a lowlife thing to do, but! there was no child in the buggy, buggies are replaceable, kids aren't. As for the remarks made by some of our members, I despair! :oops: Your daughter bought the best they could afford for her children, nothing more, a natural human reaction. Put it into a wee bit of context, buggy gone; family here and safe. :)

Christ guys, have a heart!

So there was me working away at the day job when my mobile rang. And who should it be but DC Hatson to tell me that my daughter's house has indeed been broken into. Amazingly they actually caught them in the act thanks to a quick phone call from the honest neighbour on the other side. And who should they catch but crim neighbour from the house with the porch opposite, and his mate. Unclear what if anything they might have already ferried away, as police have already boarded up the back door where they broke in, and I don't have a key to the front door. They've searched the burglar's houses, but no sign of any twin buggy....probably gone on Ebay already. And given that it's impossible for them to know what else they might be looking for, I don't suppose they found anything else.

What I was surprised at it how the police were able to phone me on my office mobile which isn't even registered in my name??!! Then tonight they phoned me again, and when my phone cut out were immediately able to phone me on our unlisted home number. How do they even know I'm her mother; she was born in Ireland and has an Irish passport. I don't imagine they got Interpol involved. My daughter didn't give them any of this information, as far as I know, and certainly didn't give them my mobile number.

I have to laugh though at the thought of the look on the crims faces as they walked into the living room and all they saw was leads trailing out of every socket....must have thought they'd been beaten to it. Which in a way they were. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Love thy neighbour"

And love sometimes means justice, truth, discipline, punishment and challenging anti-social behaviour.

I hope they get all of that and then change (for the better) as a result. I'm hopeful but I'm not optimistic.

Robbing anyone is low, but robbing your own neighbour is totally incomprehensible to me. I mean you are going to see them repeatedly and while I can understand how people could ignore their conscience in an out of sight out of mind type situation, I cant understand how they could have absolutely no conscience at all seeing the people every they stole from every day.

If they are in council accommodation I would suggest that they either try to get the family moved or themselves.

Back
Top Bottom