Rate The Last Film You Watched

Watched the latest Bond film, No Time to Die. NO SPOILERS AHEAD:

I thought it was very poor. There were only couple of highlights for me. Ana de Armas. Beautiful and played a good role. Tragically under used though. And the other? Bond wears a very cool Barbour jacket in a few scenes...Yep pretty disappointed.

View attachment 79926

View attachment 79925
I'm a massive Bond fan, and came of the cinema feeling a little flat. It's a very good film - but - for me an average Bond film. Seemed more about the end of Craig's tenure, rather than moving Bond along to the next chapter. Agree with your thoughts about Ana de Armas. The Cuba scenes are superb & my favourite of the film.

Last night I watched two Ian Ogilvy British films, We Still Kill The Old Way & We Still Steal The Old Way. Both are poor films, but the former is better than the latter despite such a stupid plot. Regardless, both are merely "time burners".

On another note, I always thought Ogilvy was going to be James Bond before Roger Moore. I liked him a lot in the Return Of The Saint series back in the day.

P.S. Alison Doody is still smokin' hot in her 50's!! :love:

Watched "Day of the Jackel" for the umpteenth time. Film adaptations usually disappoint but this is an exception. Edward Fox as the urbane assassin and Michael Lonsdale as the harassed but implacable detective really place this film above the norm.

Sirens is another favourite although poor old Hugh Grants lightweight style cant stand up to Sam Neill's Lindsay.

Watched "Day of the Jackel" for the umpteenth time. Film adaptations usually disappoint but this is an exception. Edward Fox as the urbane assassin and Michael Lonsdale as the harassed but implacable detective really place this film above the norm.

Sirens is another favourite although poor old Hugh Grants lightweight style cant stand up to Sam Neill's Lindsay.
Day of the Jackal is a wonderful film. Michael Lonsdale is fantastic as the investigating & grumpy cop. Notable mention to all the Citroen DS' throughout the film

Watched "Day of the Jackel" for the umpteenth time. Film adaptations usually disappoint but this is an exception. Edward Fox as the urbane assassin and Michael Lonsdale as the harassed but implacable detective really place this film above the norm...

I've always loved Ed Fox in anything and I have always felt that he, like Charles Dance, deserved better roles. Fox was superb however as Lt. Gen. Horrocks in A Bridge Too Far.

Watched JoJo rabbit tonight, absolutely fantastic, best film I've seen in ages. I meant to go see it at the cinema when it was released but never got around to it.
Scarlett Johansson and Sam Rockwell are some of my favourite current actors and the film is very funny, and quite cutting. A world war II satire that is beautifully done. If you've never seen it, give it a watch. Great film.
IMG_20211219_233242.jpg

Back
Top Bottom