Rate The Last Film You Watched

Howl's Moving Castle - the first Japanese animated film I have seen. Absolutely loved it. Lush animation, and a wonderful soundtrack.

Can anyone recommend any other Japanese films to try?

Howl's Moving Castle - the first Japanese animated film I have seen. Absolutely loved it. Lush animation, and a wonderful soundtrack.

View attachment 54023

If you liked that you'll probably like a lot of the other Studio Ghibli stuff:

I like a bit of Japanese non animated stuff, there's obviously the classic Seven Samurai, and the more gory and a bit disturbing Battle Royale.

View attachment 54023

i watched this film a few weeks ago and loved it. i asked a mate who is bang into these films and his daughter is a huge fan what else is worth a watch, he gave me three to be going on with... spirited away, princess mononoke and grave of the fireflies. havent watched any of them yet, but theyre on my 'to watch' list

I'll add them to my list too

1917, not what I hoped for but watchable.

What were you hoping for?

As a note, I watched on Netflix the new & highly touted The Extraction the other night and while well made it was IMO just another silly "over the top" BS "shoot 'em up" a la John Wick movies. I am sure the video game types will choke their respective "gophers" while viewing it.

I was hoping for a wartime action type film with plenty of battle scenes and living conditions, it turned out to be a cast of about 10 with extras thrown in, disappointing .

Just watched 'My Neighbour Totoro' - what a wonderful film. Bloody loved it!

have a good trip - adventures in psychedelics.

thoroughly enjoyed this 'documentary'/ film. actors and various celebrities talking about there experiences on psychedelic drugs. i used to take quite a lot of acid and magic mushrooms when i was younger so could totally relate to it

Last edited: