Rate The Last Film You Watched

Howl's Moving Castle - the first Japanese animated film I have seen. Absolutely loved it. Lush animation, and a wonderful soundtrack.

Can anyone recommend any other Japanese films to try?

1588099234939.png

Howl's Moving Castle - the first Japanese animated film I have seen. Absolutely loved it. Lush animation, and a wonderful soundtrack.

View attachment 54023

If you liked that you'll probably like a lot of the other Studio Ghibli stuff:

I like a bit of Japanese non animated stuff, there's obviously the classic Seven Samurai, and the more gory and a bit disturbing Battle Royale.

View attachment 54023

i watched this film a few weeks ago and loved it. i asked a mate who is bang into these films and his daughter is a huge fan what else is worth a watch, he gave me three to be going on with... spirited away, princess mononoke and grave of the fireflies. havent watched any of them yet, but theyre on my 'to watch' list :)

i watched this film a few weeks ago and loved it. i asked a mate who is bang into these films and his daughter is a huge fan what else is worth a watch, he gave me three to be going on with... spirited away, princess mononoke and grave of the fireflies. havent watched any of them yet, but theyre on my 'to watch' list :)
I'll add them to my list too :)

1917, not what I hoped for but watchable.

What were you hoping for?

As a note, I watched on Netflix the new & highly touted The Extraction the other night and while well made it was IMO just another silly "over the top" BS "shoot 'em up" a la John Wick movies. I am sure the video game types will choke their respective "gophers" while viewing it. ;)

I was hoping for a wartime action type film with plenty of battle scenes and living conditions, it turned out to be a cast of about 10 with extras thrown in, disappointing .

Just watched 'My Neighbour Totoro' - what a wonderful film. Bloody loved it!

have a good trip - adventures in psychedelics.

thoroughly enjoyed this 'documentary'/ film. actors and various celebrities talking about there experiences on psychedelic drugs. i used to take quite a lot of acid and magic mushrooms when i was younger so could totally relate to it :)
1589315586762.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom