Rate The Last Film You Watched

look whos back, a german comedy about hitler waking up outside his bunker in modern day germany. very funny and very relevant, thoroughly enjoyed it.

View attachment 51075

Watched that a couple of years ago, an interesting film... Never could figure out if it was pure comedy or a social experiment caught on film?

I do recall reading an interview with Oliver Masucci (the chap dressed as moustache man) who recalled being shocked at the general response to him on the street where he was kissed and praised, people professed their love for him and poured out their hearts. In a nutshell he came away with the impression that the present status quo is but a thin, delicate veneer and was thus fearful for the future.

just watched the spanish film, the platform. the story is based in a prison with platforms, the top floor is provided with a banquet and what is left descends to the next floor and so on down the tower. a lot of very relevant themes considering whats been happening the last few weeks. a cracking film, quite leftfield.

1584912926936.png

Watched First Man twice over the weekend and loved it!

I watched this yesterday, Rob. Great film. As Mark Kermode talked about - it's not a film about going to the moon. It's about grief and shyness. Loved the film. Followed it up with a film about going to the moon - "Apollo 11" - just wow! Really made me realise how clever the scientists and engineers were.

Last edited:
watched mindhorn last night, its centred around a fictional 80s tv detective on the isle of man. written and starring julian barratt (mighty boosh), a really enjoyable comedy, with quite a few laugh out loud moments. theres some seriously funny cameos by kenneth branagh and simon callow too. well worth a watch.

1586102960652.png

watched mindhorn last night, its centred around a fictional 80s tv detective on the isle of man. written and starring julian barratt (mighty boosh), a really enjoyable comedy, with quite a few laugh out loud moments. theres some seriously funny cameos by kenneth branagh and simon callow too. well worth a watch.

View attachment 53231
Watched it this afternoon. Very funny. Good cast ta'boot. Loved the bit where he practised answering the phone :ROFLMAO:

I watched Apollo 11 recently as well. Amazing film, mostly shot in 70 mm colour so looks like it was filmed in HD which is an eye-opener considering it was nearly 50 years ago. Brilliant film, a really incredible achievement!

Back
Top Bottom