Rate The Last Film You Watched

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (2016)

Once you put aside the usual pro-American propaganda that you expect to find in a movie like this it's actually a very well acted and shot one.
It really held my attention and I found myself watching the whole 2.5 hrs of it in one sitting.

I'd give it an 8/10
13-hours-the-secret-soldiers-of-benghazi.jpg

Trailer

Last edited:
Watched the Revenant very disapointing film full of contradictions how the film swept the board will remain a mystery to me for sure, we must all allow for a little Hollywood Artistic direction but some of the stuff was ridicoulas nonsense and fantasy, 5/10.

Watched the Revenant very disapointing film full of contradictions how the film swept the board will remain a mystery to me for sure, we must all allow for a little Hollywood Artistic direction but some of the stuff was ridicoulas nonsense and fantasy, 5/10.

Yeah I gave it a 6/10 and that's just because it was pretty.
Damn I was bored though.

In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460780/

Oh my word, I'm still smiling.

Uwe Boll - 'nuff said
Jason Statham - The Stath
Burt Reynolds - Stath's long lost Dad - EPIC!!!!!
Ray Liotta - We had wanted John Travolta as the big bad & to chew the scenery - but couldn't afford him
Ron Perlman & John Rhys Davies - Cash will be fine

Story - Terrible, Special Effects - Cheap, Acting - Oak-ish, Camp Factor - 11/10

7/10 as long as you're a bit beer'd up, otherwise 2/10.

13 hours: secret soldiers in Fort Alamo Benghazi
I could only stand it for 20 mn (too much arrogance, too much already seen, too much clichés), furthermore, I knew already the end. Whereas I really enjoyed Black Hawk Down, "American military disaster" films are probably better and much more meaningful when directed by non Americans (e.g. R. Scott), who might have a more critical point of view.

However, to compensate the deception of Fort Alamo/Soldiers in Benghazi, I watched this brilliant classic, that is Chariots of Fire, very entertaining and educational (for non British) about the British class system at that time (maybe still valid nowadays). A truly inspiring film.

Hardcore Henry (2016) is supposed to be a very different movie viewing experience - the entire movie is shot in the POV of the main character.

Think Robocop, first person shooter...the movie.

It's non-stop action where the view is supposed to immerse you into the movie and feel as if you are the main character acting it out.

It sort of works. It sort of doesn't.

The good:
The actions scenes are often really good (with a lot of guts and gore) and it's all very fast paced.
It was, at least for me, a whole new way to experience a full length movie.

The challenges:
The acting is a bit choppy at times and I did feel as if I wanted a 'break' from the view about 30-40 mins in.

Summary:
If you're a FPS kind of gamer you really ought to see this. You'll feel right at home

I'd give it a 7/10 where a one or two points may be because of the novel shooting style.

H001.jpg

This trailer will show you the perspective it's shot in:

Well, I just watched a short film called "The Big Shave".... You may be familiar with it? For those not you can view it here:

I warn you, its not for the faint of heart.

Django Unchained. Been out a few years and I just saw it (yeah, I'm "that guy"). Aside from the excessive swearing, I found it to be a wildly enjoyable film. I'd rate it as an 8.5/10, but it would have been a solid 9.5/10 or better if there'd been less swearing. The acting was amazing (Christoph Waltz is a new favorite of mine), the story was great, it was well shot. If you can handle the language, it's well worth a watch!

Hiya,

Maybe y'all could try watching a 2010 western called Gunless. Good part was not having a problem watching the whole movie. Just not quite sure what I saw in a few places....heh. Kinda reminds me a little bit of Local Hero with the small town/stranger thing going on.

Anyway, you'll know after 15 minutes if you wanna continue. It does have some good scenes.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom