3x30 Dips
3x12 Lat Pulldowns
3x12 Diverging Hammer Strength Rows
3x12 Hammer Strength High Rows
3x15 Shoulder Press
3x30 Cable Shrugs (full rack)
3x30 Hack Squat Calf Raises
;)

I think you need to come up with something less prosaic than "dips" it just fades into the background compared to the rest.

How about "Elbow Butterfly Flexes"?
Dips are Like Wide Grip Pull Ups for the Back..They are Hard..Very Few Folks Can Handle the Weight of their Own Body Mass when its Just Hanging with Gravity..So they Avoid it..:)

I Trained with a Guy can came 2nd in the Worlds Strongest Man..We used to have a Laugh because when he was having an Off Cycle from his Steroids I was Far Stronger than Him with a 26 inch Waist & Under 12 Stone..I Trained Naturally & Never went Down that Road..:eek:

I have seen Guys at 25 Stone Plus that Cant Dip or Do Lateral Pull Ups for more than 2 or 3 Reps..They have No Core Strength because the Androgenic Drugs Blown them Up like a Blow Up Doll with Minimal Effort..o_O

The Guys that Trained for Show with a Few Exceptions were Weak as a Kitten..Hell they were Scared of Breaking Sweat encase they lost any Mass..;)

There are Few Serious Weight Lifters in any Gym today that Train Naturally..Or for the Last 30 Years for that Matter..:D

Billy

Last edited:
Dips are Like Wide Grip Pull Ups for the Back..They are Hard..Very Few Folks Can Handle the Weight of their Own Body Mass when its Just Hanging with Gravity..So they Avoid it..:)

I Trained with a Guy can came 2nd in the Worlds Strongest Man..We used to have a Laugh because when he was having an Off Cycle from his Steroids I was Far Stronger than Him with a 26 inch Waist & Under 12 Stone..I Trained Naturally & Never went Down that Road..:eek:

I have seen Guys at 25 Stone Plus that Cant Dip or Do Lateral Pull Ups for more than 2 or 3 Reps..They have No Core Strength because the Androgenic Drugs Blown them Up like a Blow Up Doll with Minimal Effort..o_O

The Guys that Trained for Show with a Few Exceptions were Weak as a Kitten..Hell they were Scared of Breaking Sweat encase they lost any Mass..;)

There are Few Serious Weight Lifters in any Gym today that Train Naturally..Or for the Last 30 Years for that Matter..:D

Billy
Agree with everything you posted Billy. For me body weight exercises are the edge. As a plus side the dip and pull-up machines are always available because people are either unwilling to do them or just cannot. :)

Just about all my exercises bar juggling are body weight - it's what climbing is about. I was in the last couple of days of the 150 Dips workout when I pinched the nerve in my shoulder - Sodding Wide Grip Pull Ups for the Back!
I was doing the 100 Push Ups, 200 Squats, 200 Situps and the 150 Dips programs concurrently. Do at home while the kids are in bed exercises - much more my thing.

Vinnie you're just showing off now! Do you use finger tape when bouldering?

When you are warmed up wrap a bit of tape between the joints of any affected fingers, I usually flex the finger to avoid it being too tight. WARNING it won't allow you to climb with injured tendons (it aids the Pullies the tendon rings that hold your main tendons close to the bone) but it can help avoid injury if you know you are doing something serious i.e. having to use a shallow two finger pocket to hold most of your body weight.
Equally if you get a minor tweak it can support it if you back off the grades. I'd only bother using it on the end two phalanges rather than the one nearest the hand.

Better to avoid needing it if possible. Build up to using micro edges and small pockets and if it hurts don't keep trying it. Most of the bad finger injuries I've ever seen have been from trying the same problem over and over again.

Touch wood, I've done ok for bad injuries finger wise though I've snapped the nerves down the side of a couple of them - it grows back over a couple of months but it feels strange til it does.

Agree with all you say Billy. I used to be really in to the weights (natural only please note) and I was a 50 year old 1.92m 120Kg+ muscle bound monster. 5 x 12 reps of 120Kg presses was the starting point. As the years knocked on it became more and more difficult to maintain and I started to ask myself 'what was the point?'.

What did hit me when I trained heavily the younger steroid gang used to struggle and spent more time sitting around on equipment talking than actually doing anything.

So I went back to one of my all time favourites with the Concept 2 rowing machine and my daily 6000m keeps me more than happy and a more sensible 92Kg. Plus I've dropped a few inches in the trouser and shirt department and dropped my blood pressure. Expensive having to kit out a new wardrobe, but hey you can't have everything.

Workout 6/2/16
3x30 Dips
3x12 Preacher Curls
3x12 Alternate Hammer Strength Curl Machine
3x15 Standing Barbbell Curls
3x30 Tricep Rope Pulldowns
3x15 Seated Tricep Press
3x40 Seated Calf Raises
:D

Back
Top Bottom