Post WW2 Elections.

moodymick said:
Pig Cat said:
spandexcodpiece said:
I was rather hoping we would see increased support for a couple of the minority parties. For example, I would have liked to have seen a dozen or so UKIP and BNP MP's present in the new parliament!

:shock:

:cry:

(words fail me)

I think the point that Spandex was making is that due to the skewed political system we have currently, the HoP are not a true representation of the electorates wishes.

If enough people propotionally vote for the BNP, Communists or Monster Raving Loonies, who is to say they should be denied representation?

The answer is quite simply , no one.

Any other answer means that we might as well have a dictatorship of one party - one vote. Which if you haven't noticed is just about where we are now, due to convergence: the middle, safe, beige, oooh don't upset anyone, new idea's - no thanks, diet coke, light beer, centre of a great big political turd! :|

Yes, this is exactly right moody.. and with a reformed system producing several new potentially"dangerous" MP's perhap's this would have the salutary effect of making "mainstream" politicians work harder for their jobs, earn their vast array of privileges, hopefully be more honest, and to be seen more in their local surgeries! ;)

I find this faintly disturbing :shock:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfiqegMuvuw&playnext_from=TL&videos=9a8EifYByr8&feature=featured[/youtube]

Back
Top Bottom