Pipe Smokers

Was in Brum today so nipped in to John Hollingsworth & Son in the Great Western Arcade.

Very nice shop.

Actually, better than my regular place.

I did, yesterday, and sampled it straight away - was going to post about it when I got home :).

I thought it ok but didn't get any vanilla from it - and I think I prefer the Kentucky Nougat that's my only other experience. Will get smoked, for sure.

My inbox did fill up a week or two ago, but should be ok now - I've been getting pms as usual recently? I deleted everything back then and haven't had that many since.

Thanks again!

Had my first ever smoke using a Falcon pipe yesterday.

These are the metal-stemmed pipes that I saw the old geezers smoking in the 70's.

A nice English/Balkan blend (Dunhill My Mixture 965).

Off out in a bit to pick up some Condor Long Cut.

joe mcclaine said:
Had my first ever smoke using a Falcon pipe yesterday.
A nice English/Balkan blend (Dunhill My Mixture 965).

Falcons are great for indoor use, but out and about - particularly in cold weather - they can condensate like mad.

Dunhill 965 - good one - If you like that you will love Samuel Gawith's Squadron Leader, also their Skiff Mixture is similar if bit lighter (more Turkish).

I think that I may just buy one to suck on and use for pointing at things, but it's difficult to resist a tobacco called Squdran Leader!

Ian

Well I've just made my first post in the introductions and thought I should post in this thread as my first post in the main forum.

I've been pipe smoking for a couple of years now. I can't remember if it was going from cartridge or DE razor or from cigarette to pipe that came first. But the urge to change both happend when I hit 30 :at:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348152615641.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348152615641.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 40
Muncus said:
Well I've just made my first post in the introductions and thought I should post in this thread as my first post in the main forum.

I've been pipe smoking for a couple of years now. I can't remember if it was going from cartridge or DE razor or from cigarette to pipe that came first. But the urge to change both happend when I hit 30 :at:

Good Lord! I suspect that you're going to get on just fine on this forum :)

Ian

Helveticum said:
That is quite a collection!

Thank you, I've built it up over the last couple of years. Buying and selling on eBay, I was hoping to do the same with a razor collection but the price of Gillette razors seems to have gone through the roof. I guess it's a similar trend with pipes but less extreme.

IanM said:
Good Lord! I suspect that you're going to get on just fine on this forum :)

Ian

I hope so Ian. I built the rack myself, it was only supposed to be a white wood prototype but I ran out of funds for materials. When I get round to building my second it will be bigger and I intend on adding an additional removable unit for displaying my razors. That's a way off yet though.

Back
Top Bottom