Closed Pass Around - Wolfman WR1-DC DE Razor - COMPLETE

Well I had my first shave with the Wolfman last night. I am always hyper critical with anything over £100. The handle could be slightly more grippy and that really is my only vice. Construction is great, the level of aggressiveness is very nice. No blade chatter. Balance and weight of this razor is spot on, the razor does all the work without you needing to hold it up or push it down excessively. I preferred the closed comb side, it was more audible in its feedback. However, the open comb side dealt with 2 days growth very easily in the first pass. Definitely a great razor and hoping to get on the waiting list for one! Thanks Nico. I would like to have a few more shaves with this razor as my angle wasn't totally correct being the first shave and all. But my early opinions are its ticking all the boxes. I would only change the handle which is easy enough.

Thanks for your first impressions Nishy.

Funnily enough, I really like this handle - although James does manufacture other handles - especially the way it 'sits' in the palm of your hand so that only delicate movements are required to move around the face.

I also love the concept of dual head DE razors - two razors in one almost. Generally, I'll do one pass with OC then another pass with SB.

Just spotted the enclosed. Rather looks as though a large helping of patience is needed if ownership is envisaged.

Latest News / Availability

UPDATE - November 9 2015
Orders (emails) placed between May 16 and May 31 are being produced now. This group is nearly complete. There were some delays and also many orders within this two week period. Will be moving to June emails shortly.
Time estimates not met. The estimates were clearly incorrect. Everyone waiting since June will be contacted. Those near the end of June will likely be contacted in January.
Taking orders again in 2016. Currently expecting to take more orders starting in January or February, depending when the current orders are completed. There may be a short break to create a new design prototype but after that production will resume.
Email response time is slow now. The volume of emails has increased and there may be a delay to respond. Your patience is appreciated.

All rcvd, Martin. At least I'm privileged to be able to have a go with one.

Funnily enough I think my turn with the razor coincides with my moving to a new property. I'm having a bungalow built in Puerto Villamil,
one of the Galapagos Islands (it's not in the EU, Carl).

I'll take good care of the razor, of course. There might be a slight delay in getting the razor back to you but rest assured it'll be in safe hands. The postal system is very regular from there..... a collection every two years whether there's anything top be picked up or not.

Second shave with the wolfman today and switched from a Persona blue, to the milder Astra. I also only used the closed comb side.

This razor is pure class. It starts with the threading to construct tge razor, buttery smooth, I checked it against my Ikon and ATT amd it is smoother. Blade clicks onto the plate with authority!

Very very little stubble left from a two pass shave. No irritation whatsoever. The razor has perfect balance and I have now got used to the handle and how best to grip the razor. I prefer shorter handles amd so use the top half.

With the slick Mystic Waters I thought the blade feel wpuld be minimal, especially with the closed comb, however the more aggressive, custom setting, adjusts to a smooth and apparently yet comfortable shave. Simply stunning. I want!

Just spotted the enclosed. Rather looks as though a large helping of patience is needed if ownership is envisaged.

Latest News / Availability

UPDATE - November 9 2015
Orders (emails) placed between May 16 and May 31 are being produced now.
This group is nearly complete. There were some delays and also many orders within this two week period. Will be moving to June emails shortly.
Time estimates not met. The estimates were clearly incorrect. Everyone waiting since June will be contacted. Those near the end of June will likely be contacted in January.
Taking orders again in 2016. Currently expecting to take more orders starting in January or February, depending when the current orders are completed. There may be a short break to create a new design prototype but after that production will resume.
Email response time is slow now. The volume of emails has increased and there may be a delay to respond. Your patience is appreciated.
Ordered mine the third week of June so not much longer now

Back
Top Bottom