Closed Pass Around - Disposable Edge Straight

First shave with the disposable straight.

Loading the blade was easy and without issues.

Found it really difficult on upper cheeks to get the razor into a position that I could actually see and move the razor. The razor and my hand seemed to get in the way of my glasses and where I could get them I couldn't see as I was looking out nearly sideways past my lenses.

Gentle short strokes were the order of the day but the razor seemed to tug a little. Maybe not enough pressure as the razor is really light? After doing both cheeks and chin I gave up and finished with my DE.

First impressions are that straight shaving may not be for me. Another shave tomorrow night is planned to see if I can improve.

First shave with the disposable straight.

Loading the blade was easy and without issues.

Found it really difficult on upper cheeks to get the razor into a position that I could actually see and move the razor. The razor and my hand seemed to get in the way of my glasses and where I could get them I couldn't see as I was looking out nearly sideways past my lenses.

Gentle short strokes were the order of the day but the razor seemed to tug a little. Maybe not enough pressure as the razor is really light? After doing both cheeks and chin I gave up and finished with my DE.

First impressions are that straight shaving may not be for me. Another shave tomorrow night is planned to see if I can improve.
Pretty much my thoughts.... When I have LOTS of spare time I may revisit straight shaving but it appears quite a steep learning curve!

Glad you found similar. I really like the idea of straight shaving and will probably get the urge to try again. At the minute I haven't the time to put in. I've read that just doing the cheeks for a while is a good way to build muscle memory. I did realise finishing with the DE that it was much quicker and easier than the disposable straight, but then I have a few years practise under my belt.

I'm still glad of the opportunity to try it out, thanks again.

Second shave and found it similar to the first, again I finished with the DE. Another go at the weekend and then I could well be ready to pass it on to @thrifty. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be buying one.

Thanks Damian. I have received this. Unfortunately I had a shave at work this morning. Will have a couple of "dress rehearsals" in the morning. Hopefully give it a proper airing on Sunday or next weekend. Thanks @rowlers for the opportunity to try this out.

Glad it's arrived. Be careful with the blade holder when pushing in and taking out. Looking forward to hearing how you get on with it.

Like said I did have a go at scraping some lather off without a blade. My daughter found this amusing.

The blade holder is not a good design. I was convinced I was going to loose fingertips loading it up.

Back
Top Bottom