Closed Pass Around - Disposable Edge Straight

First shave with the disposable straight.

Loading the blade was easy and without issues.

Found it really difficult on upper cheeks to get the razor into a position that I could actually see and move the razor. The razor and my hand seemed to get in the way of my glasses and where I could get them I couldn't see as I was looking out nearly sideways past my lenses.

Gentle short strokes were the order of the day but the razor seemed to tug a little. Maybe not enough pressure as the razor is really light? After doing both cheeks and chin I gave up and finished with my DE.

First impressions are that straight shaving may not be for me. Another shave tomorrow night is planned to see if I can improve.

First shave with the disposable straight.

Loading the blade was easy and without issues.

Found it really difficult on upper cheeks to get the razor into a position that I could actually see and move the razor. The razor and my hand seemed to get in the way of my glasses and where I could get them I couldn't see as I was looking out nearly sideways past my lenses.

Gentle short strokes were the order of the day but the razor seemed to tug a little. Maybe not enough pressure as the razor is really light? After doing both cheeks and chin I gave up and finished with my DE.

First impressions are that straight shaving may not be for me. Another shave tomorrow night is planned to see if I can improve.
Pretty much my thoughts.... When I have LOTS of spare time I may revisit straight shaving but it appears quite a steep learning curve!

Glad you found similar. I really like the idea of straight shaving and will probably get the urge to try again. At the minute I haven't the time to put in. I've read that just doing the cheeks for a while is a good way to build muscle memory. I did realise finishing with the DE that it was much quicker and easier than the disposable straight, but then I have a few years practise under my belt.

I'm still glad of the opportunity to try it out, thanks again.

Second shave and found it similar to the first, again I finished with the DE. Another go at the weekend and then I could well be ready to pass it on to @thrifty. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be buying one.

Thanks Damian. I have received this. Unfortunately I had a shave at work this morning. Will have a couple of "dress rehearsals" in the morning. Hopefully give it a proper airing on Sunday or next weekend. Thanks @rowlers for the opportunity to try this out.

Like said I did have a go at scraping some lather off without a blade. My daughter found this amusing.

The blade holder is not a good design. I was convinced I was going to loose fingertips loading it up.

Back
Top Bottom