Palmolive soap stick - how best to use it.

Fido said:
My message suggested that they should consider producing their Palmolive soap in a shape suitable for use in a bowl.

I received this reply:

"Thank you for your recent E-Mail. Your interest in our Company and products is appreciated.

Colgate-Palmolive's policy regarding the submission of any new ideas is as follows:

- We will only consider new ideas that are patented or are the subject of a pending patent application. This policy protects both you and the company.

- Only new ideas submitted in writing and delivered by government postal or recognised courier service will be reviewed.

- If you have a patent or a pending patent application for your idea, go to our website: www.colgate.com/innovations to submit your idea.

- If you sent us any information about your idea with your e-mail, we will have deleted it from our system.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We hope this information is helpful.

Yours sincerely

Marilena Moura Barbosa
Consumer Services Representative

A standard reply but at least it was sent! It doesn't seem to recognise that I was making a suggestion about something they may wish to consider doing.

In other words some lowly operative sent a standardised reply, probably without even reading your message. Oh well, their loss.:icon_rolleyes:

I grate mine into an airtight glass container, a small sprinkle into the huge cereal bowl I stole from the missus and some elbow grease produces a nice lather that passes the 'bowl over the head test'. The only complaint is that the missus reckons the grated Palmolive looks like green toe nail clippings, and gives her the willies every time she goes into the bathroom :icon_razz::icon_razz:

Fido said:
My message suggested that they should consider producing their Palmolive soap in a shape suitable for use in a bowl.

I received this reply:

"Thank you for your recent E-Mail. Your interest in our Company and products is appreciated.

Colgate-Palmolive's policy regarding the submission of any new ideas is as follows:

- We will only consider new ideas that are patented or are the subject of a pending patent application. This policy protects both you and the company.

- Only new ideas submitted in writing and delivered by government postal or recognised courier service will be reviewed.

- If you have a patent or a pending patent application for your idea, go to our website: www.colgate.com/innovations to submit your idea.

- If you sent us any information about your idea with your e-mail, we will have deleted it from our system.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We hope this information is helpful.

Yours sincerely

Marilena Moura Barbosa
Consumer Services Representative

A standard reply but at least it was sent! It doesn't seem to recognise that I was making a suggestion about something they may wish to consider doing.

I consider that a Dismissive and not very encouraging Reply Fido....

If the soap wasn't so damn good ,I might have given up using it with an attitude like that.......

Fido said:
My early attempts at using the stick didn't go too well.
How do members here use the Palmolive stick?

I'm still a novice, so treat this 'ahem' advice with caution.
I've got a couple of sticks and have now started using them as my go to soap.

Early on I had a couple of days where I was stuggling to get soap onto my face and i tried a very quick dab of a towel on my face before its goes on, so my face is not soaking wet, the soap now visibly appears where as before it just looked I was rubbing it over, now I can see the transfer from stick to face.

Hope this helps.

I rang a UK Colgate - Palmolive contact number this morning. Someone answered - no recorded message! I discussed my email message and their response. My contact apologised for the standard reply and listened patiently to my suggestion that they should considering producing the soap in a different shape so that it could be used in a bowl. He said he was most interested and would pass on my comments to the appropriate people for consideration. Time will tell!

Thanks for your perseverance. It would be a great seller if they did. I much prefer the smell of the soap stick to the cream but the cream is so much easier. I've never got on with the rubbing the stick on your face malarkey and once unwrapped need somewhere to put the stick (but not all bad - my excuse to get a vintage Gillette travel set!)

The solution to the messy soap stick lies in the 1950s...

IMG_20111021_141954.jpg
IMG_20111021_142009.jpg
IMG_20111021_142021.jpg

One Gibbs EasyStick container... holds Palmolive (and Erasmic if you're a masochist) sticks without modification. Wilkinson sticks require the plastic holder switching for a Palmolive or Erasmic one.

GOLDCREST said:
I consider that a Dismissive and not very encouraging Reply Fido....

Quite. It's a huge company.

The only reason we still have them is because some trendy young Colgate exec is on the sofa Christmas Day afternoon when an obnoxious fart fills the room, so he notices his Grandpa sleeping in the corner and thinks "better keep the palmolive soap stick going for another year "

got this week off so a bit of time on my hands....

inspired by this post, thought i would try a change with my palmolive stick, being as i've hardly used it since i discovered ingram cream (love the cooling menthol)...

anyway, always applied direct to face before, then brush lathered, but this time pushed in a small slice of palmolive into the bottom of a bowl & started to whip up a lather... man what a different, thicker, creamier, quality lather it gave me. decided to have a shave there n then & it feels lovely afterwards.

convinced different brushing methods make a difference, wanna get the wife to treat me to a nicer brush for xmas now, nothing too dear, cant make my mind up between best badger n silvertip tho! would like both in a way but she isnt as enthusiastic about my shaving hobby as me :)

rick.

Back
Top Bottom