October Acquisitions.

Yes mate. Those Brazilian Wilkos are superb! Thanks for sending them out my friend.

How's Indonesia treating you?
Yeah i genuinely rate them highly.
i was going to send you some out as i couldn’t remember if you had any.
Indonesia is a dream mate it really is.
The place the people all fantastic,
The job on the other hand is a different ball game.
i’m off to Africa next month.
it’s getting to much to be honest.
iv hardly had much home time since covid.
It’s not good for the head but hey ho mustn’t complain.
I hope life’s treating you well

A very natty Wilkinson Sword plastc blade case box. This design is in a magazine advert I have dated 1966.
I also have a black lidded version which has the sword logo in an oval shape.
PXL_20231029_171133826.jpg

This box contains a nice selection of blades, mostly still wrapped. Only the London Bridge pack had a blade missing.

Some members here will remember the legendary sunburyboy93 who was possibly the biggest collector of shaving stuff on earth. He had an unsuccessful run in with the Jewel blades which I think everyone knew about (and some experienced!) Fortunately the only unsealed pack here has rust-free blades, although they're still not great performers in many of their victims' opinions!
PXL_20231029_171531860.jpg
I like the Scottish Permasharp pack design. I've never seen that one before and note how similar it looks to the Gillette Platinums of the late 1960s and early 1970s. I wonder if this helps to date them? @SeanC would you know anything about these blades?

Here are the two blade box designs side-by-side. I wonder if there are any more?
PXL_20231029_172124269.jpg

Waiting on an order from Signature Soaps including some hand soaps and foot balm. Amd then bought the 3ONE6 off the BST yesterday. A razor I have hummed and ahhed for too long over.

Some piccies when they arrive

See chaps. I haven't given innon you lot and this shaving malarkey still rules (and ruins) the bank account

IMG_3659.jpeg
IMG_3660.jpegIMG_3661.jpegIMG_3664.jpeg
So a trio of brushes have arrived from @gile upon my arrival home and are a part of a trio of acquisitions for the month! First up is my Knothead Brush Works brush, the coin had fallen out and the glaze or finish never was quite right and only got worse with time. In hindsight I should have sent it back but bought it earlier in my collecting days before I knew any better. @gile worked his magic and it’s better than it ever was, so smooth and properly sealed.
Next the fantastic competition handle I won! It’s a lovely finish that suits the wood perfectly and it’s so light! It comes with a Boti fan knot 26mm (I think!) it’s and incredible brush!
Finally my latest purchase inspired by some of you other guys football brushes and my original Italy one! This is named the G2 Forest and is a super sparkly resin red and white, with a lovely Forest badge on the bottom and a APShave Co G5C 26mm knot, my favourite synthetic!
I’m over the moon and can’t decide what to use first! Many thanks @giles!

View attachment 112949
View attachment 112950View attachment 112951View attachment 112952
So a trio of brushes have arrived from @gile upon my arrival home and are a part of a trio of acquisitions for the month! First up is my Knothead Brush Works brush, the coin had fallen out and the glaze or finish never was quite right and only got worse with time. In hindsight I should have sent it back but bought it earlier in my collecting days before I knew any better. @gile worked his magic and it’s better than it ever was, so smooth and properly sealed.
Next the fantastic competition handle I won! It’s a lovely finish that suits the wood perfectly and it’s so light! It comes with a Boti fan knot 26mm (I think!) it’s and incredible brush!
Finally my latest purchase inspired by some of you other guys football brushes and my original Italy one! This is named the G2 Forest and is a super sparkly resin red and white, with a lovely Forest badge on the bottom and a APShave Co G5C 26mm knot, my favourite synthetic!
You're welcome Lee. Yes that's 26mm Boti new tuxedo fan in that olive wood handle.

View attachment 112949
View attachment 112950View attachment 112951View attachment 112952

What? What? WHAT? What is that red and white brush? Nottingham who?

Sorry about last weekend :LOL:. Wrong badge on the bottom matey

Nice brushes though

View attachment 112851
I like the Scottish Permasharp pack design. I've never seen that one before and note how similar it looks to the Gillette Platinums of the late 1960s and early 1970s. I wonder if this helps to date them? @SeanC would you know anything about these blades?
The Perma-Sharp Platinum (& Super too) is one of the very few UK made blades I haven't tried (I've intentionally swerved from the Jewels). Verifiable online information about Perma-Sharp is scarce. The Wilkinson / London Bridge at the top of the picture are c1974. This whole acquisition appears to be a 'users stash' rather than a 'collectors collection' so I would deduce that everything was put together over 2 or 3 years at most (the Jewels being left untouched as they are not so good). Another pertinent fact, is that the earliest Platinum coated blades that I have seen are Gillette from 1969 (Mr Razor too).

On the balance of probabilities therefore, I would say early to mid 1970's

IMG_3667.jpegIMG_3668.jpeg
First Anticatura purchase and very pleased with the product, no leaks and bar a DHL delay they were delivered in record time. A lovely HC&C Emperor Oud sample came too. It’s a shame the tops weren’t sealed, the tops seemed opened from the plastic base,(where they had the perforated plastic base), I’m not sure if this is how HC&C sent them or Anticatura or if opened at customs. The levels varied slightly too. However as a splash they all smell great and having tried the Ladies Man on today I can honestly say they are amazing, long lasting, strong but not overpowering. I’m as always impressed with HC&C’s products I hope someone picks them up over here in the UK soon!

That old excuse eh? :sneaky:

giphy.gif
“I didn’t do nothin’” a double negative drives me up the wall, shows a poor education ( and that’s coming from someone who went to a poor standard state Comprehensive School )

Back
Top Bottom