October Acquisitions.

Beautiful and not one I've seen before.
Will you be using any of it or preserving it?

Did you happen to pick up a boxed Imperial Leather shaving soap with a similar bowl design (but entirely red), @pjgh ? This was on ebay. I nearly pulled the trigger but I am balanced precariously on the edge of the acquisitions rabbit hole and managed to hold on to the edge... for now.

Cheers! Albany is Boots' take on Lilac Vegetal ... to my nose, anyway. Yes, absolutely I'll use it! I love vintage.

I skipped the Imperial Leather (got an offer, but still not attractive enough). I have one already and at the rate at which I rotate soaps, doubt I'll need another in my lifetime.

IMG_2997.jpegI sent Pete at HC&C a thank you email for a free sample he sent with my order. It was a work in progress I believe and yet to be named, hence he labelled it, “Yet to be named and oh so nice!” What do I find on my door step today? A full tub of it and a cool little scoop, with a note from the man himself! Absolutely above and beyond from Pete and very generous! I feel very lucky to have got such a lovely gift!

... and some vintage GII originals (sans Lubrastrip).

ADCreHfCQBIcw5pHPstxCSuX5PQdXTXW-J7m_-5nxHsix1MNd-lQKVDnOC97_ECA41mwDgowMlYUMzmndhJMh7scJTxgLoBokPaSx3rXvO_T8eoBwoPh_L01ZJ12myYUxshb5P5bfVWm2q3Yx5HnCR-sRFNChw=w800

Just Bought this razor from ebay.
iv had some correspondence and they reassure me the head & handle are Stainless Steel.
i very much doubt it is but i liked the handle.
If it’s Brass i would be happy but Stainless for £5.
not much to lose if it turns out to be gash
View attachment 112583
Will be interested to find out the result. Also curious if the razor head and base plate shave well and if the plating on them is any good.

Back
Top Bottom