November Acquisitions

View attachment 113882
Ordered from AliExpress, 11/Nov thro' 14/Nov, got packaged together, despite coming from 3 different sellers, arrived 25/Nov. DScosmetic Mars HalfDE head, Shield Ti HalfDE head, Yaqi Tachi HalfDE head, also DScosmetic THT handle and a Yaqi flipside. This week, HalfDE comparisons!
Of those, I only have the Mars, but find it excellent. Blade reveal is small, but I think it still has slightly positive blade exposure and clamps the blade remarkably well.
It also has a thoughtful "trench" for the bent bits of broken DE blade halves.
When used like a GEM style razor, it's super smooth.

View attachment 113882
Ordered from AliExpress, 11/Nov thro' 14/Nov, got packaged together, despite coming from 3 different sellers, arrived 25/Nov. DScosmetic Mars HalfDE head, Shield Ti HalfDE head, Yaqi Tachi HalfDE head, also DScosmetic THT handle and a Yaqi flipside. This week, HalfDE comparisons!

Nicely done. I like the Shield half-DE for head shaves. It’s a bit too aggressive for me for face shaves. I’ve not used my Mars & Tachi yet.

@DarkSpy

The very cheap and very basic Yaqi is a good enough start. Big gap, though so a little care needed.

If you've a grinder and an old DE, you could make your own but just grinding the back off something. Or, of course, you can just pop a half blade into one side of a double-edge razor. Why? Dunno. But then there's a whole discussion around why half-DE in a T-shape razor when a double-edge works perfectly well. I like the difference.

At all costs avoid the Razorock Eco, which is a genuinely psychotic contraption that will give you a viscious bite without any warning! The chap who gave me mine (originally, the intention was a loan) but he said to keep it as he'd given himself a nasty cut. I've used it a handful of times and I think the right way of putting it is that I've got away with it rather than being anything like in control ... and I've used all manner of curious contraptions from the history of shaving devices and not encountered anything quite as outright dangerous as this!

... but yes, I have a couple of the Yaqi Katana razors and hoping the Tachi will be a tad more refined.

Musk for Men by Old Spice

ADCreHcQX4EVRCKnkpQ2aO2hKux0myE-bdRRTYJUcK3iBzxQRa3o5H-Ey4Y1ypU9Q72ylI6creCvb829hiKCkhoQzO8MkdiFOx5wlPiHbjkqUS9mB-4-V6iKpah4EZD4tZfBItV7qyPLIZgw0T9uGKf2rLu-NA=w800

... joining my other period bottles of Musk from Jovan, Coty & Avon.

Yes, it smells exactly as you'd expect ... Old Spice & Jovan Musk mixed together.

Italian products:
Roma brush from Omega, very good in my opinion for hard soaps. For the soft ones it will absorb too much.
Conte di Puglia aftershave/Eau de toilette from Extrocosmesi
I don't bullshit my olfactory skills. It's just elegant, fresh but warm... and persistent but not invasive

I also got Barocco from Extrocosmesi but was immediately seized by my wife for her own use and
Legno di Rosa again from Extrocosmesi and this was immediately seized by my daughter for her own use...
They said that those are feminine perfumes, not for me. so this is it.

20231127_175303.jpg

Back
Top Bottom