November Acquisitions

Arrived home with 5 new matching sets from the wife.
My wife has to be the most confused person on the planet,
She moans at me having to much gear yet every time i come home iv got a pile waiting,
Honestly she’s nuts.
Anyway i’m used one today which is
Mastro Miche Rumizia,
A first for me with this soap but superb as the same time.
Very similar to Razorock pours
IMG_3214.jpegIMG_3212.jpegIMG_3210.jpeg

IMG_3731.jpeg

IMG_3730.jpeg

IMG_3735.jpeg

Arrived in record time from Hong Kong, it came in less than a week, I can’t see a mark on it if I’m honest! A scratch and dent SS Outlaw Evolution! Can’t wait to try it out tomorrow! @Alpha Shaving Works many thanks for packing and labelling it so well as my wife thinks it’s a passaround!

Here's an interesting curio. One of my friends gave me this yesterday. It belonged to his late father, who was a Savile Row tailor known as the Iron Man because he always wore a 3-piece suit regardless of the weather.

It's a promotional gift set from Norton & Sons of Savile Row, comprising a badger brush, metal soap bowl with an unnamed and unused soap still in its wax paper wrap, and a razor handle that takes twin blade cartridges (presumably a Gillette one but I'm not sure which type). All presented in a nice wooden box within a cardboard outer box.

It has sat in his late father's cupboard for decades, I'm guessing it's 30 or 40 years old. Shame it's not a DE razor or I would just use it rather than admire it. I imagine as a white label for a Savile Row tailor like Norton & Sons it's fairly rare, so it's an interesting thing to have.
20231115_103818.jpg20231115_104133.jpg20231115_104151.jpg

Succumbed to AliExpress again! Bargain Yaqi tuxedo brush and one of the supposedly ‘Gillette’ Chinese techs. About 4 quid for the pair - don’t think I was ripped off! Got one of the ‘70s aluminium techs recently and just wanted to compare - even against a light aluminium one the Chinese tech feels like a toy, I’ll try it out anyway. Has anyone tried the Yaqi or Boti shaving creams or soaps, if so are they ok or best avoided? Cheers.
C0651C3A-71F5-48FB-9C83-D2CDD1F17D18.jpeg

Succumbed to AliExpress again! Bargain Yaqi tuxedo brush and one of the supposedly ‘Gillette’ Chinese techs. About 4 quid for the pair - don’t think I was ripped off! Got one of the ‘70s aluminium techs recently and just wanted to compare - even against a light aluminium one the Chinese tech feels like a toy, I’ll try it out anyway. Has anyone tried the Yaqi or Boti shaving creams or soaps, if so are they ok or best avoided? Cheers.
View attachment 113530
Most of the Yaqi are amazing, as they are made by Master Soap Creations. They arent as cheap as they used to be but they are very good. Don’t get their own brand sandalwood though it was made on their own before they partnered up and is dreadful!

Back
Top Bottom