New razor: Oristo

Great report. Was wondering when you were getting around to shaving with the Oristo. One thing I noticed was that there was a lot of blade exposure and you could really feel the blade but the actual shave itself was extremely mild and efficient. I have to admit that out of all my big bucks razor purchases last year (Asylum RX, RR Wunderbar, ES Claymore), this one I rank as the best.

Great report. Was wondering when you were getting around to shaving with the Oristo. One thing I noticed was that there was a lot of blade exposure and you could really feel the blade but the actual shave itself was extremely mild and efficient. I have to admit that out of all my big bucks razor purchases last year (Asylum RX, RR Wunderbar, ES Claymore), this one I rank as the best.
Yeah, it really is a great razor. It's hard to imagine a razor being more comfortable than this without sacrificing efficiency.

Great! Be sure to report back on your thoughts.....I'm curious:)
Did a two pass shave this morning using a new Stirling Soap Co fine badger brush and some Stirling Spice soap. What a wonderful and efficient razor. Yes it feels mild but got me to BBS in two passes. The build quality is second to none and the razor feels great in hand. Love the bamboo style handle. I will dub this razor the "bullet".

Did a two pass shave this morning using a new Stirling Soap Co fine badger brush and some Stirling Spice soap. What a wonderful and efficient razor. Yes it feels mild but got me to BBS in two passes. The build quality is second to none and the razor feels great in hand. Love the bamboo style handle. I will dub this razor the "bullet".

So glad to hear you liked it! Yeah, the quality is fantastic. The polishing is so good too. I feel it helps the razor glide across the face like glass. I agree with you on the handle. I know many have knocked the looks of it, but I find it very practical.

Day 2
Another great BBS shave in two passes. Used Stirling Soap Co Barbershop soap with their new fine badger 24 mm tuxedo knot. Smooth as silk and the razor is very solid in hand. This proves (to me) that you don't need an incredibly aggressive razor to get the job done.

Back
Top Bottom