New razor: Oristo

CNC machined stainless steel made in Canada

One razor seems to be about USD 75 (and you'll get it in time for Christmas) which isn't a terrible price and the design looks 'ok' I think. For some reason I can't get too excited about it but that might just be me.

The one things that 'annoys' me is that they decided to call the base plate 'the anvil' and the top cap 'the retainer'. Why?

Anywho, kickstarter link here

4d15cd0cfdf2a6b91c17a93b95892dd0_original.jpg

8b929f3bd7eb3c980d15bd8dfab16dab_original.jpg

CNC machined stainless steel made in Canada

One razor seems to be about USD 75 (and you'll get it in time for Christmas) which isn't a terrible price and the design looks 'ok' I think. For some reason I can't get too excited about it but that might just be me.

The one things that 'annoys' me is that they decided to call the base plate 'the anvil' and the top cap 'the retainer'. Why?

Anywho, kickstarter link here

4d15cd0cfdf2a6b91c17a93b95892dd0_original.jpg

8b929f3bd7eb3c980d15bd8dfab16dab_original.jpg
On the face of it it doesn't seem too exciting , apart from the price but that's before shipping and customs.

My bad ......... The early bird backers will get theirs in December ....... everybody else will be waiting until May ........

$99 CAD works out at roughly £58 GBP ....... Plus 20% vat and the usual £8 charge from RM, it works out at just short of £80 delivered.

Edit: That's not counting shipping costs.

What would a $75 razor, in this case from Canada, translate to in GBP once you have it in your hands (after taxes, duties, shipping, etc)?
Without checking I couldn't say but shipping from Canada is by all accounts not cheap, I've heard their postal system is quite expensive, I suppose it all depends on what type of service they use and I would have to check the exchange rate at the time of ordering . But $ 75 is just the price of the razor to a Canadian buyer, by the time it gets to the UK you have 20% vat + a customs charge ? + shipping .
what do you think it may end up costing in the UK?

My bad ......... The early bird backers will get theirs in December ....... everybody else will be waiting until May ........

$99 CAD works out at roughly £58 GBP ....... Plus 20% vat and the usual £8 charge from RM, it works out at just short of £80 delivered.

Edit: That's not counting shipping costs.
£80 delivered is not a bad price I suppose but it's still not got that wow factor.

I also haven't found anything about this razor to get excited about, especially the price. Nice colors, but it doesn't affect the shave. Noticed that the head design, oops, I mean anvil and retainer design is different and something that I see mostly with clip top plastic razors. Don't know if any metal razor has that design or how effective it is.

I also haven't found anything about this razor to get excited about, especially the price. Nice colors, but it doesn't affect the shave. Noticed that the head design, oops, I mean anvil and retainer design is different and something that I see mostly with clip top plastic razors. Don't know if any metal razor has that design or how effective it is.

Going forward I will always try to refer to base plates and top caps as anvils and retainers.

Back
Top Bottom